Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anybody who converted a free standing fridge, did you use pvc spacers in the door or a scrap piece of wood on the inside of the fridge to make sure the foam didnt get crushed when secureing the nut to the shanks (to get a tight fit)

Here's my latest creation. I sold my two Kenmore (Haier) triple tap kegerators and built an 8 tap (11 keg total) upright keezer.

There's a build thread in my signature.

Keezer_Finished.jpg

For anybody who converted a free standing fridge, did you use pvc spacers in the door or a scrap piece of wood on the inside of the fridge to make sure the foam didnt get crushed when secureing the nut to the shanks (to get a tight fit)

I did exactly that with PVC piping. Alternatively you can just cut a bigger hole in the foam.

I used shank collars on the inside of the door. I wasn't sure if I wanted black or SS collars, so I ordered both and figured I'd just used the extras on the inside. It gives it a nice clean look on the inside and gives the nut a lot of surface area so it doesn't compress the foam.

Here is my completed 8.8 Kenmore Kegerator. Had a few bumps in the road but I am totally happy with the final results. I cant thank you all enough who have contributed with your posts and supplied so much insight and ideas.

I am using a temp controller that I built myself and have to give credit where it is due:

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have a single tap but I would like to put something up (Chalk Board) to show what is on tap. I don't really have a good idea of how to make it happen though besides getting the chalk board adhesive. Anyone have any good ideas of what they did?

The other option is a Chalk Board Tap Handle.

Hey I searched and didn't see a thread like this yet, so I figured we could all post our Kegerator pictures here.

666-IMG_0339.JPG
[/IMG]

I totally want to make a kegerator! And this looks like the best design for me!
Small, a 110volt plug and a top tap!

Is there plans for this?
I am totally new to home brewing and have never built a contraption like this.... How much time and $ was this project?

BadgerBrigade - look through the DIY section of these forums for "mini fridge kegerator build" and that should help.

But for those builds you are looking at:
* CO2 Tank
* CO2 Regulator
* Gas lines, barbs, clamps and Quick Disconnects (the things that actually attach to the keg)
* Fridge
* Tower with tap(s)
* Tap handle(s)
* Drip tray

Outside of the cost of the fridge you could probably do it for $250 - $300 or cheaper if you're thrifty

Is there a way to adjust the Perlick faucet handle to sit more forward? I just got my tap handle in and if I screw it on to the faucet it will not close all the way. I installed the faucet on the fridge in my garage and I push the handle back to close the faucet and it hits the fridge and still does not close all the way. Hope this is the right place to ask this question.

Here is mine. Nothing you haven't seen before, but it is mine and I can't believe a finally have a working keezer in my kitchen.

It is not yet quite complete. The nitro setup is being shipped and that tap will occupy the spot with the blue tape. I should be able to get 4 kegs, a CO2 tank and nitro tank in here.

So far I have a witbier and an 80? in there, with a 3rd keg of carbonated water.

I also attached a picture of my custom keezer magnet (I am a financial advisor) and a picture of the 80/ I pulled out of there last night.

Photos are a bit blurry, but you'll get the idea...

gb3.jpg

gb2.jpg

photo.jpg

gb1.jpg

Here's my latest creation. I sold my two Kenmore (Haier) triple tap kegerators and built an 8 tap (11 keg total) upright keezer.

There's a build thread in my signature.

Holy ****! Who drinks all that beer? Pretty awesome though.

Built this two months ago for party and im just finishing up my second keg.(Blue Moon). Its tied for the coolest project ive ever done since i also repurposed an old arcade into a captain america arcade that plays dozens of games. Love my Hulkerator and have gotten many compliments on it from guys and looks from females that let me know that they think guys are a little crazy. Located in my garage and im finding myself out there more than ever.lol. ;)

hulkerator.jpg

capamerica.jpg

Built this two months ago for party and im just finishing up my second keg.(Blue Moon). Its tied for the coolest project ive ever done since i also repurposed an old arcade into a captain america arcade that plays dozens of games. Love my Hulkerator and have gotten many compliments on it from guys and looks from females that let me know that they think guys are a little crazy. Located in my garage and im finding myself out there more than ever.lol. ;)

Holy cow that is cool. Are you going to add more taps? If you homebrew you should brew a Hulk SMaSH beer.

May I ask you, how many cu ft that is?

I wish that I could tell you.... I am currently living between two cities and had to put them in storage (1000 miles away from where I am currently). It stinks to have to bottle after all those years of kegging.

If it helps, they were old 80's kenmore kegerators. The next time I am in VA I'll swing by the storage unit and see if I can find any additional information for you.

Hulkerator is a great name. If only the tap handle was higher and a bit to the right it would be obscene.

Cant believe chicks don't dig superhero keggerators. What do they want? My little pony with extra sparkles?

Jester said:
I wish that I could tell you.... I am currently living between two cities and had to put them in storage (1000 miles away from where I am currently). It stinks to have to bottle after all those years of kegging.

If it helps, they were old 80's kenmore kegerators. The next time I am in VA I'll swing by the storage unit and see if I can find any additional information for you.

Very nice of you but not Necessary
:mug:

Is there a way to adjust the Perlick faucet handle to sit more forward? I just got my tap handle in and if I screw it on to the faucet it will not close all the way. I installed the faucet on the fridge in my garage and I push the handle back to close the faucet and it hits the fridge and still does not close all the way. Hope this is the right place to ask this question.

You could put a block of wood between the tap and the fridge wall. Kinda like this

Code:
 |
 |---        HANDLE
F|   |       ||
R|------|---
I|SHANK| TAP
D          |---
G|------
E|    |
 |----
 |

Horrible ASCI representation FTW :p

EDIT:

Like what Hoppopotomus did here - https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/knotty-pine-cedar-log-keezer-build-223902/#post2821423

There are two things you can do. One is putting a spacer on the shanks (behind the black plastic collar thing) to push them farther away from the fridge. This could be a piece of wood or something. The other option is to use these:

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/tap-handles-pid-MP-064.html

There are two things you can do. One is putting a spacer on the shanks (behind the black plastic collar thing) to push them farther away from the fridge. This could be a piece of wood or something. The other option is to use these:

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/tap-handles-pid-MP-064.html

I'd suggest the spacer route. If your tap is too long that it is already hitting the back wall, then it is likely top heavy. Putting the angler on there will make it way too easy to accidently open the tap. The Perlicks take very little force to open.

I'd suggest the spacer route. If your tap is too long that it is already hitting the back wall, then it is likely top heavy. Putting the angler on there will make it way too easy to accidently open the tap. The Perlicks take very little force to open.

Might go with this option since I do have a pretty long and heavy tap handle but problem is finding out a way to drill a 13/16" hole to fit over the shank.

Vinnyb722 said:
Burlsopher, I love the drip tray! I am going to try this on mine.

I took me a few months to come up with a solution, but once I did, it took about 5 hours and $35 :D

Took an EdgeStar fridge that they use for their kegerators and installed the tower and other parts myself for the same price as the kit. Went this route with the idea that since I am using 2.5g kegs, I could leave a shelf in for bottled beverages. The shelf does bow quite a bit though, so I might need to replace it with something better cut to size. Even better if I could drop the shelf an inch or so in the process. Also need to get a permanent location for the secondary regulator.

On tap: a Weizenbock and Sarsparilla.

Photo%20Dec%2021%2C%2011%2045%2053%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Dec%2021%2C%2011%2046%2028%20AM.jpg

Back