recipe thoughts/advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browner

Reaction score
gonna brew my first non kit all grain batch tomorrow let me know what you guys think

grain bill: 11 lbs maris otter
1 lb munich
.25 lbs chocolate
.15 black patent
.5 lbs carapils

hop schedule: 1 oz centennial 60 min
1 oz fuggles 25 min
1 oz fuggles 5 min

gonna mash at 152 for 60 min.
batch sparge

using us-05

What type of beer you trying to make? Looks like a pretty solid recipe though. I might try US-04 wth that grain bill, but thats just my opinion.

I can keep it cool I have a chest freezer for a term chamber I just don't have any us-04 all I have is us-05 and some muntons yeast

I'd use the 05 over the 33 for that grain bill and what u are trying to achieve. The 05 will still make a good beer though, don't get me wrong. Will be more of an "American" brown vs. "English" brown. Just keep within the recommended temp ranges of 59*-75*f, you'll be fine. Maybe closer to the 59 than the later.

i pitched the 05 I have the chest freezer set to 62, color came out a little lighter than I hoped but overall I had a pretty good brew day

thanks for your help

Krausen came up through the airlock today never had that happen before but she's still bubbling away so I guess that's good

Racked the fuggin brown today tasted pretty good gonna keg it next week

put the fuggin brown on last night turned out great got a lot of you fning made this comments from friends

Back