So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to brew a small batch of barley wine this weekend. The plan is to brew tomorrow the 6th and age for 6 months (3 in carboys, 3 in bottles) which would mean I open it on my birthday 2/6. I am also bottling my pumpkin ale. I am also considering bottling my imperial stout or my winter warmer, its been just over 2 months since I brewed both. I need to bottle at least one so I don't have the wife complain about the amount of fermenters I have tucked away in the corner of the house.

I have three brews lined up for tomorrow. A Surly Furious clone, taken from the recipe kit. A Delirium Tremens from Beer Captured book. And a small batch Barleywine, for an experiment I currently have going. Should be a good day, and we're finally going to have some decent weather, instead of sweating from every pore. LOL

Good call on the weather. Its not supposed to get much passed 80 if at all tomorrow then similar weather predicted for the beginning of the week so there is a chance my ferm temps will be ok.

corkybstewart said:
With any luck at all I'll brew an Alt to pitch on my Kolsch yeast cake. It should be around 120F in my garage but it's a dry heat.

Haha, keep telling yourself that!!

Dry heat, kinda like an oven. Maybe throw some ribs in there are they will be good in about 3 days. We have some wet heat here I ain't gonna lie.

Gotta pick and weigh my cascade and consult the freezer to see what hops I have to brew with.

I have plenty of pellet hops on hand now, thanks to Rebel Brewer. :rockin: Second shipment ETA is Saturday... :ban: Will have to see if all that was ordered is in this shipment, or if there will be a second part shipping. Either way, I'll have plenty for tomorrow's brew.

Planning on hop bursting tomorrow's batch... :D

Brewing a stout this weekend (well, I originally called it a porter but I was informed it's more of a stout, so there it is) to make up for my disaster of a brew day last weekend.

I thought it went well, brewed a brown ale, but it turns out I actually missed my efficiency, ended up with a way low gravity, and I just had a taste and it was way too caramelly with barely any chocolate or nuttiness. Guess I'm making a mild now.

Oh well, third times the charm they say. Building a fermentation chamber too, so that, combined with all my "lessons" (screw ups) should result in a perfect stout!

Sokrateez, give it time... Since it's barely a week old, it could change a great deal between now and when it's in glass. Just give it the time it needs and then decide.

Of course, you could just RDWHAHB... :D

Which reminds me, once my starter is going, it's time to pour a pint of my 8% mocha porter. :rockin:

I have a blonde ale lined up for tomorrow, and I think it's just about time to bottle the oktoberfest that I fermented with ale yeast.

I'm brewing O'Daniel's Kentucky common. The strike water is up to 154, so not much longer until dough in. Man, it feels great to be brewing again. First time since May 21st!

Will be starting my NB Extra Pale Ale extract kit in an hour or so, that will make pitching time coordinate with when my starter is ready.

My third kit and I still have not tasted any of my own brew. Bottling the first 2 batches next week so 2 - 3 more weeks.....

just racked 3 gallons of blonde ale onto 3lbs of fresh strawberries. primary is empty now I need to Plan my next batch. I think a Belgian wit, haven't done one of those yet.

Brewing a black IPA ala Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale and a Pliney the Elder clone with a friend on Sunday. 5 gal each.

My small batch of barley wine is now in the carboy and fermentation is going already. I made about a 1.5 liter starter as per mr.malty, decanted the wort and pitched the slurry. OG is sitting at about 1.103. This will be my 4th all grain batch and I feel like I am starting to get a handle on everything.

American Barleywine.

image-95694639.jpg

image-1816339736.jpg

Will be starting my NB Extra Pale Ale extract kit in an hour or so, that will make pitching time coordinate with when my starter is ready.

My third kit and I still have not tasted any of my own brew. Bottling the first 2 batches next week so 2 - 3 more weeks.....

The Extra Pale Ale is pitched.... Now.... about 6 weeks.... :(:):mad::)

Just about done with the sach rest on a Belgian Tripel. That will be followed by another batch of Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale :D

Monday is technically part of my weekend so I'm brewing a Slow Elk clone. Hopefully it's up to snuff with the original because I plan on bottling it when my dad visits and then cracking open a few before he leaves.

About to sparge on my Oktoberfest-Ale partial mash. Gonna use some some wlp080 cream ale yeast...i guess that means i need to bottle or keg my cream ale too so I can wash that yeast!

suprchunk said:
That looks delicious. And that's just from the pics of malt and hops.

Thanks. Looking back I should have probably left out the chocolate malt. Those are cascade hops from my backyard. I also added some Chinook pellets. Pre-boil gravity 1.082. FG will be in the 1.115 neighborhood depending on how far I boil.

image-72632716.jpg

Back