best kegging set up for small batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmythefoot

Reaction score
what is out there for kegging 1 or 2 gallon batches.

someone here at my work said i might be able to us a portable garden sprayer. the one that you carry on your back and pump to spray your lawn or whatever. i may be able to rig something.

do you think this would work?

i have looked at some 3 gallon cornies but they are hard to find and the ones out there are too expensive.

anyone have any ideas.

Some have purchased refillable fire extinguishers from e-bay and converted those as kegs.
I think there are a couple videos on youtube that show how to do it.

VB

Rebel Brewer has the 3 gallon cornies for ~$90 last time I checked. Brand new ones. There's a guy (local to me) that sells used ones for about that much. :eek:

WHEN I'm ready to start kegging, I plan on getting at least a few of the 3 gallon corny kegs... Might get some 5 gallon kegs too, it all depends on a few other things...

BTW, I have one of the Party Star setups (uses 16g CO2 cartridges to push the brew) along with 4 5L mini kegs that I'm looking to unload... If you're interested, PM me... Otherwise the kegs will be sitting in the closet for some time to come. Only used them for one batch...

I converted a miller home draft sytem for "kegging" small batches. They hold just under 6 liters IIRC, and use the little 16 gram disposable co2 cartridges. There's a few threads around here somewhere about using/converting them. I think someone verified that the bottle is exactly the same as the Tap-A-Draft system.

I may still pick up a fire extinguisher on e-bay since I think they look cool, but the home draft's are cheap (often free) and work pretty well.

Here's one of the threads about the home draft systems-
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/miller-lite-home-draft-dissected-181602/

how about cutting down the 5G corny to 3G.
its been welded once, I dont see why not.

Back