First Cider Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluespook

Reaction score
Guys--A couple of hours ago I pitched my first cider batch, and am as excited as a four-year old! Took me a while to clean and sterilize everything because I'm new to the concept...I did some ciders when I was a kid with my Dad, but as best I can remember, we didn't pay that much attention to the bad creepy crawlies. I soaked the little parts in iodaphor and then stand there with each one as I took it out of the sanitizing bucket trying to figure out where to put the darn thing so it wouldn't get buggy. I'll work on the process a bit.

This thread doesn't ask a question or make any earth shaking comment, but I felt the need to tell someone other than my wife (btw, am I supposed to refer to her as the SWOB or whatever I've seen used?)

Blue:ban:

SWMBO, if it applies means She Who Must Be Obeyed, its your opinion if it fits her or not haha.

Congrats on the first brew, I definitely know the pure excitement and just having to tell someone, that was me about 8 or 9 months ago. I now have 3 batches bottles, and 6 aging, so yeah its kind of addicting.

Tusch--"She Who Must Be Obeyed" was the phrase used by Rumpole, a character in a British book, or series of books. He was a funny guy who was hen-pecked to the point of...well, you know. Anyway, thanks for filling me in.

Think I'll go buy some more juice this weekend and shoot for another batch next week. In this first batch, I was a quart shy of 5 gallons (don't know how that happened, some gremlin I suppose), so I filled in with white grape juice. Figured it couldn't hurt.

Blue

Congrats on the first brew, I definitely know the pure excitement and just having to tell someone, that was me about 8 or 9 months ago. I now have 3 batches bottles, and 6 aging, so yeah its kind of addicting.
Oh man, I think everyone I know wants to kill me because I'll prattle on about beer non-stop.

Bluespook -
I am still a newbie at this too (only three batches). But it is definitely exciting in a strange sort of way to to watch the fruits of your labor change juice into something something that so wonderful so that you can disobey SWMBO.
CiderRat

Back