Oxygen tank might buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gear101

Reaction score
I have the chance to buy this full for 30 usd. Is that a good deal and the right type of bottle?

imagejpeg952-2.jpg

i dont know much about it but that looks like it takes the medical type regulator. if its a medical tank you might have trouble finding someone to fill it, you generally need a prescription.

So you can't take that tank to a drive shop, fire shop or Praxair to get it filled?

Just got off the phone with Praxair, the guy told me that they will exchange any tank, but they cannot refill this one with out a R/X. So then told me that the med tank is worth around 150usd and they can change it out for any tank that I want. SOLD

Now thinking about it, I've seen alot of tanks go on CL, non CO2 tanks cheap, wish I would have bought them now.

In Chris White's book Yeast he recommends 2 liters per 5 gallons of 1.050 and below. Add 1 liter for every increase of ten points. So that is 1 liter per minute for two minutes or 2 liters per minute for 1 minute.

Nice deal buy the way.

Back