Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brother-in-law sent a text. Say's he put a Valverde poster on his bedroom door and now it wont close. Any suggestions;)

Hey Mat Latos, suck my dick.

i_hate_sf_ball_small.png

Amen to that. Nothing better than to slam an NLDS title in the face of a guy who openly criticizes another team simply because he "hates" them. One of the most nerve-wracking games I've ever seen, but my G's are headed to the NLCS.
:D :rockin::ban:

Dude I thought I was gonna have a heart attack during that Bruce at bat. Romo is a straight gamer. I think I came when Posey hit that grand salami off of Latos and it went upper deck and hit the sign that said Latos on it. Openly hates my team, my city, comes into our yard and taunts kids having fun, breaks our announcers car's sunroof then tells him to **** off and deal with it. Seriously nothing against the Reds or their fans, great team, but also seriously **** that guy. Oh well, it was great to see my Giants move on and beating him made it that much sweeter, but now it's time to get on with winning the whole god damned thing. LET'S GO GI-ANTS!!!!!:mug::ban:

Dude I thought I was gonna have a heart attack during that Bruce at bat. Romo is a straight gamer. I think I came when Posey hit that grand salami off of Latos and it went upper deck and hit the sign that said Latos on it. Openly hates my team, my city, comes into our yard and taunts kids having fun, breaks our announcers car's sunroof then tells him to **** off and deal with it. Seriously nothing against the Reds or their fans, great team, but also seriously **** that guy. Oh well, it was great to see my Giants move on and beating him made it that much sweeter, but now it's time to get on with winning the whole god damned thing. LET'S GO GI-ANTS!!!!!:mug::ban:

What do you expect from a guy who owns a cat named "Cat Latos". I mean, WFT?

Homercidal said:
What do you expect from a guy who owns a cat named "Cat Latos". I mean, WFT?

Is that true? If so, I might change my mind and like him. I always thought he was a huge turd, but with a sense of humor like that, he can't be all bad. Well, yea he can (but that name is awesome).

Climb back in Cards!!!

I'm from Baltimore, live in no. Virginia now... Been watching baseball all day and I think I need more beer.

Well played, StL. Decent game, NY. Thank you for awesome years, Orioles and Nats. But I wanted at least one more week..

Only bright side: wife's a braves fan...

Not looking good for the Yanks at this point...

Jeter injury might inspire the Yanks, who knows. I like Jeter and am sorry he is out. The Tigers, because of Valverde, used up Dotel and Smyly for tomorrow.(today) Yanks should be OK for relief if needed. Tigers might have to rely on Albuquerque, which isn't bad. Winning this game was huge for the Tigers. The Valverde thing ? I don't have a clue what to do. The rosters are set.

That was awesome! It's nice to see the baseball Gods smiling on the Tigers.

Always shocked at how whiny and fair-weather Yankee's fans are. Barely making a peep until the 9th inning and booing their own players for bad plate performances. And they didn't even sell out a playoff game! The Athletics fans were so much more engaged and faithful.

That was awesome! It's nice to see the baseball Gods smiling on the Tigers.

Always shocked at how whiny and fair-weather Yankee's fans are. Barely making a peep until the 9th inning and booing their own players for bad plate performances. And they didn't even sell out a playoff game! The Athletics fans were so much more engaged and faithful.

Poor Yankees fans. It just not as exciting when you buy your way in instead of growing your own talent.

McBrewskie said:
Matt Holiday is a punk and at some point in this series he needs to wear one for that slide on Scuturo.

Looked a little late but clean enough. I don't think there will be retribution though as he apologized through posey next at bat and after the game. He's also not known as a dirty player.

Props to Scutaro for taking it like a man and then paying us back with the hit. You gotta respect that. Hope he's alright for tomorrow.

Looked a little late but clean enough..

Spoken like a true St. Louis fan. It was a bush league play, any way you look at it, aside from a St. Louie fan's perspective. Enjoy the not winning.

So the Yankees are about the worst playoff team I've seen in my 35 years. Way to pay for regular season wins, asshats. Somebody missed the "Playoffs Matter" meeting.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Spoken like a true St. Louis fan. It was a bush league play, any way you look at it, aside from a St. Louie fan's perspective. Enjoy the not winning.

So the Yankees are about the worst playoff team I've seen in my 35 years. Way to pay for regular season wins, asshats. Somebody missed the "Playoffs Matter" meeting.

I assume you mean that in the "most knowledgeable baseball fans in the world" way? Then yea, a true St. Louis fan. Thanks.

Last night was the longest 2-1 Tigers game of all time. Verlander usually blazes through a lineup. I suppose the high pitch count didn't help. I got a little nervous when Coke let the go ahead run get to first. So Awesome to be up 3-0! Here's hoping that Scherzer can stay on top of CC tonight.

That NLCS is getting nasty. Anyone want to guess how many pitches "get away" and hit a batter tonight? I'll say 2.

NordeastBrewer77 said:

Wish that they'd missed it for the Alds. :(

Not looking good for a ALCS game tonight. Starting to hear it is rescheduled for a double header. 2nd game if needed will be at 8:00pm. No word on the 1st game start time. I'm guessing 1:00

Not looking good for a ALCS game tonight. Starting to hear it is rescheduled for a double header. 2nd game if needed will be at 8:00pm. No word on the 1st game start time. I'm guessing 1:00

It's kind of ridiculous. I know how weather gets over here in Michigan, but come on! 2 hours without rain but they cancel it? The game could have been in the 7th or 8th inning!

Anyhow, it sounds like game 4 will be Thursday at 4pm (that's what the Tigers official facebook page said) , luckily fans with tickets to tonight's game will be able to use same tickets for tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be home in time to watch :mug:

According to postseason rules, they must play out each game, so rather than make fans and players miserable they postponed the game. Good call IMO. They couldn't know for sure if the rain would arrive in exactly 2 hours and for how long it was going to rain.

Now maybe I can get my satellite working better before tonight's game!

The delay was sort of a blessing for me since it gave me a chance to brew a batch of beer and try out my new immersion chiller. Now I have to work through lunch to get home early without missing too much of the game. Win or lose, I think this will have a positive impact for Tigers. I don't see the Yankees being able to win four games in four days.

Back