Kansas City Beer gas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newfermenter1

Reaction score
Any tips for a Beer Gas connection in Kansas City? New to the area and wanting to fill my Nitro bottle (25-75). Don't have any connections yet. Any good tips are welcome!
:mug:

Any tips for a Beer Gas connection in Kansas City? New to the area and wanting to fill my Nitro bottle (25-75). Don't have any connections yet. Any good tips are welcome!
:mug:

Sorry I don't have the answer for you. I just started kegging and haven't gotten into the whole nitrogen thing yet. I do live in the KC area (northland near Liberty Missouri). I am not even sure if you get nitrogen from an LHBS or a welding supply shop?? There is Linweld off of front street (that handles welding supplies). Also Clark's tools handles welding gases. The only LHBS I can find around here are EC Kraus in independance... they suck and prices are high. There is Bacchus and Barleycorn in shawnee kansas (the store I frequent most often). There is also Homebrew pro shoppe in Olathe (very nice people, just farther from my home). St joe Missouri has one also but I have never been there.

If you can't find nitro through this forum I am sure that one of these stores could help out. We also have a homebrewers club in town so hope to see you around, or maybe share a brew.

Linweld (or Matheson) Gas
6000 E Front St, Kansas City, MO

This is where I go. I live in the Leavenworth, KS area and it is quite a drive, but it is one of the only places I know that will fill the tank you bring them while you wait. Around $9.00 for a 5 lb tank.

Have any local bars near you? You could probably just ask a manager where they get there tanks filled.

Linweld (or Matheson) Gas
6000 E Front St, Kansas City, MO

This is where I go. I live in the Leavenworth, KS area and it is quite a drive, but it is one of the only places I know that will fill the tank you bring them while you wait. Around $9.00 for a 5 lb tank.

I actually live within 10 miles of front street. I had called them and asked, they mentioned several times that they wouldn't fill a bottle out of date but never mentioned what it would cost to swap bottles or to have a bottle tested.

Have any local bars near you? You could probably just ask a manager where they get there tanks filled.

I never thought of that. I just assumed that a truck would deliver/swap out their bottles vs. sending an employee with the tanks to be swapped.

I never thought of that. I just assumed that a truck would deliver/swap out their bottles vs. sending an employee with the tanks to be swapped.

Even if they get tanks delivered its probably from a local place.

If you're near downtown, I usually go to Praxair at 1608 Holmes Street, Kansas City, MO. That's where I do my CO2 exchanges. About $30 for a 20 lb exchange. I'm not sure if they sell nitro or not.

I am looking to get setup for kegging as well and am curious, do you have to exchange or will they fill? I have a problem walking in with my brand new bottle that I just bought have trading it for some beat up and recertified POC.

I have heard Keller fire and safety (or something like that) will fill your bottle instead of exchanging. Better call and check though.

BINGO! - after some calling around I found out that M&H Gas in Independence will fill or exchange Nitro tanks depending on size (anything less than 20lb will have to be filled) Their address is:

4230 Washington Avenue
Independence Missouri 64055

BINGO! - after some calling around I found out that M&H Gas in Independence will fill or exchange Nitro tanks depending on size (anything less than 20lb will have to be filled) Their address is:

4230 Washington Avenue
Independence Missouri 64055

Great service, great pricing. They have co2 and the nitro co2 mix. Will test out of date bottles cheap.

Apexbrewwares.com is right down the street... stop by there when u get your bottle filled! Best lhbs in town. Great service and prices. (check the hours and shoot jeremy an email if u are going to m&h outside of apex business hours)

"Apexbrewwares.com is right down the street... stop by there when u get your bottle filled! Best lhbs in town. Great service and prices. (check the hours and shoot jeremy an email if u are going to m&h outside of apex business hours)"

+1 to that. I buy from Apex myself. Good people, great service, decent prices.

Alright, I'm looking myself for a Nitro fill in the area. However, does the M&H do straight Nitro or can they do a mix of 15/85 like a beer gas?

Seems either way that is going to be my best bet.

I called Linweld, but they said they couldn't fill Nitro on the spot and have to send it to Nebraska or somewhere. Would be a 1 week turn around.

Hell if all else failed I'd just grab a welding gas of 20/80 CO2 argon to swap.

They filled my tank on the spot but I don't think that is common practice. They said they normally collect empty tanks all week and fill them all in one day. If you planned it right it sounds like you could drop your tank off on one day and pick it up the next.

I have a Beer gas tank with about 1800 psi I want to trade for an empty CO2 tank I live in kck let me know

Latest posts

Back