That's the worst insult you could come up with?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampassJ

Reaction score
Had a customer tell me today that I am an unkind person and not a gentleman. The reason? I told her to call a tree trimmer. This person wanted me to takr a small table and stack a chair on it so I could trim the lower branches on a tree. Apaently my pool cleaning truck says Swampass' tree trimmers on it in invisible ink.

You sir. Are unkind a not a gentleman.

image003.jpg

I'm sure you went home and cried in your homebrew after that burn. :rolleyes:

My SWMBO works for an eye doctor's office, and one of her co-workers had an angry Muslim patient call her an "infidel" over the phone. She apparently got a bit offended, but I couldn't have kept from laughing at the guy if it had been me.

You're never too old to throw around some mother/sister/wife slander. Those are always fun!

Why won't you trim a few branches? It's not very hard. Then after that you could do some of her dishes, and maybe fix her car. I think she also has leaky roof and halitosis. See what you can do about that.

I had a woman tell me she was going to say something else, but she did not want to insult a southern gentleman.

I told her, go ahead and say it fat*ss, I'm from Chicago.

I had a customer snap a $7 plastic model of a jet in half and throw it on the counter while yelling "This is what I think of your store!". then barged out while other customers laughed.

He was mad I would not give him his money back after he glued the living sh*t out of it, and was trying to put the wing on backwards...

Just tell her not to give you sh*t. It's not your fault that she was conceived in a donkey show.

Had a customer tell me today that I am an unkind person and not a gentleman. The reason? I told her to call a tree trimmer. This person wanted me to takr a small table and stack a chair on it so I could trim the lower branches on a tree. Apaently my pool cleaning truck says Swampass' tree trimmers on it in invisible ink.

If stuff like this happens regularly, you could make it lucrative for yourself. Find out what professional places charge, then charge her just as much or more. It isn't part of your regular service so you should be able to bill separately for it.

From Seinfeld:

(Co-worker to George)
"Hey George, the ocean called, they're running out of shrimp"

(George fires back)
"Oh yeah, well the jerk store called, and they're running out of you!"

and later, George retorts...
"Yeah, well I had sex with your wife"

(Co-worker)
"George, his wife died last year"

When I did lawn care, customers would ask me to do all sorts of extra stuff. Clean gutters, move furniture, take apart an old metal shed, all sorts of little odd jobs. Sometimes I just did it for good relations and sometimes I'd charge for it.

Back