Mother Earth News talks beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great - Now we're going to be over-run with hippies!

Cartman: Hippies.They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad.

Cartman_160x152.gif

Sorry, too late... you've already got 'em

Long haired freaky hippie person here :D (I don't smoke pot or smell bad, but then I don't respect Cartman's authoritay either)

MariaAZ said:
Sorry, too late... you've already got 'em

Long haired freaky hippie person here :D (I don't smoke pot or smell bad, but then I don't respect Cartman's authoritay either)

I think we've actually got quite a few - lol. Hippies and Libertarians!

I thought it was a nice article - although I did chuckle a bit when I read the part about being able to brew beer for less than buying it. I guess that's probably technically true, but seems to be the exception more than the rule.

Yeah, I thought about the price thing too. Luckily I don't have to justify the costs of my hobbies to hubby, but I DO remind him that the beers we usually buy average $8/6 pack, and so technically I'm saving us money (though we now drink more beer, so I don't know how advantageous the cost argument could really be!)

What goes around: Issue #4 page 68. An amusing bit about "dis-arming" a batch while wearing a welder's mask and gloves. (1970) I lost interest in TMEN after the first publisher went bankrupt in the mid-90's.

I think they glean my posts on their forums for ideas. First I posted about PEX, then an article comes out about PEX. Then I start a homebrew thread (shortly before finding a much more capable site for discussing homebrew ;) ) and now lookeee here :D. Hrmmm. They should put me on the brainstorm crew.

rdwj said:
I think we've actually got quite a few - lol. Hippies and Libertarians!

I thought it was a nice article - although I did chuckle a bit when I read the part about being able to brew beer for less than buying it. I guess that's probably technically true, but seems to be the exception more than the rule.

<starts head bobbing and puts hand on hip>
Oh no ya di-hint!!
Hippie does NOT = Libertarian
Libertarian more = to anarchist then Hippie
Besides Libertairians just want to be left alone and not force peace, love and green living on anyone

Pumbaa said:
<starts head bobbing and puts hand on hip>
Oh no ya di-hint!!
Hippie does NOT = Libertarian
Libertarian more = to anarchist then Hippie
Besides Libertairians just want to be left alone and not force peace, love and green living on anyone

I never said they were the same, I consider myself a libertarian, but I'm FAR from a hippie. It just seems like we have a fair number of both groups here.

Pumbaa said:

Darn tootin! And don't tell me my AR-15 is not for hunting too! :D

david_42 said:
What goes around: Issue #4 page 68. An amusing bit about "dis-arming" a batch while wearing a welder's mask and gloves. (1970) I lost interest in TMEN after the first publisher went bankrupt in the mid-90's.
My first exposure to TMEN was in the 70's. Although I'm a subscriber now, it's definitely NOT the same magazine it was back then!

Back