how many bottles do you all ususally get out of a batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grrtt78

Reaction score
i brew five gallon batches and one 5.5 gallon batch and i have never gotten fifty beers out of it. i probably average maybe 43. what about u all?

Sometimes I get exactly 2 cases, but about half the time it's more like 45 bottles. It kind of bugs me when it doesn't come out to 48. Sometimes I put matching caps on empty bottles just to fill up the case and make it look like a full one. Am I a bit on the obsessive compulsive side?

mmditter said:
Sometimes I get exactly 2 cases, but about half the time it's more like 45 bottles. It kind of bugs me when it doesn't come out to 48. Sometimes I put matching caps on empty bottles just to fill up the case and make it look like a full one. Am I a bit on the obsessive compulsive side?

nah, makes the boxes easier to carry - more balanced, less banging around of the bottles and you are able to stack them. Plus, you have clean bottles ready for your next bottling session.

I'm averaging fifty-one 12oz bottles per batch in my first five batches. But none of those ever went to secondary. I'm thinking that extra racking causes you to lose a beer or two. My next few batches will probably average less, now that I've gone to two stage.

depends on how much we drink during bottling.... we've been known to go through nigh a gallon of a six gallon batch....:D

usually though, i get forty to fifty 12 oz, if i do stricktly 12 oz and don't sample more than two mugs full... around 25-30 22oz bottles, which we are moving towards...

Back