Do this look normal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcshaw16

Reaction score
Hi, I am in the middle of making my first batch of honey wheat beer and am noticing a kind of slime that I haven't noticed before. This is only my 4th batch that I've made, others were 2 ales, and a stout. Anyways, I have never noticed this type of slime left over in my primary fermenter before and I'm curious if it is something that is normal with a honey wheat beer or if the batch might be infected. It seems to smell normal.

I am very new to this, any input would be appreciated.

thanks

p7270664h.jpg
p7270665.jpg
p7270666.jpg

wheat beer yeast looks strange in my experience. i bet it's fine. i think it has to do with the fact that it forms a lighter, less compact cake due to its low flocculance.

So they were all ale's? Just sayin'. ;)

Anyway, that looks about right. Fermentation can create some funky looking stuff. Clean it up and brew more.

As a general rule, if it smells normal, it almost certainly is.

Hell, even if it doesn't smell normal, there's still a good chance that it is.

So they were all ale's? Just sayin'. ;)

Anyway, that looks about right. Fermentation can create some funky looking stuff. Clean it up and brew more.

I caught that to. It's like saying you made a 2 lagers and a pilsner. But people do it a lot, apparently not realizing stout=ale.

Latest posts

Back