Citra Hops....did I miss them already?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, my order just shipped and I placed my order yesterday afternoon.

Nice! I can't believe it, but I've also already gotten the email that it shipped... I ordered less than two hours ago. Took about an hour to get the email! :cross:

Just read through 61+ pages of the zombie dust clone thread...looks like this new pound has found a home...

Awesome! Just got an email that it shipped, less than an hour after I placed my order!! Great service Yakima hops!! Can't wait till they get here!!

10 gallons of zombie dust fermenting away. I can't believe how good this smells.

Yep....waiting for the boil right now. I'm gona do a 1/2 oz of Magnum at 60 instead of FWH. Shouldn't make much difference and will save me some Citra.

SavoryChef said:
10 gallons of zombie dust fermenting away. I can't believe how good this smells.

Did 10 gallons of it today as well. The hop oil slick was great.

if i can procure a couple more lbs of it before it's all gone for the year I will certainly get a zombie dust going... my LHBS has a contract for 400lbs of the stuff and they havent gotten any

if i can procure a couple more lbs of it before it's all gone for the year I will certainly get a zombie dust going... my LHBS has a contract for 400lbs of the stuff and they havent gotten any

Do they ship?

Just bought the grains for zd, will brew it sometime this week! Loved hearing how everyone loved that recipe, and citra is my favorite hop so I'm really looking forward to it.

Same here. Glad we got the heads up. Now we need to make an Amarillo hops availability thread!

my hops are out for delivery today! so excited! :) thanks again for the heads up on yakima hops!

Did yall end up getting yours yesterday? I got mine, really quick delivery! I went ahead and broke them up into 2 and 4 oz bags, but ended up with only 15.25 ounces...Every other place I've ordered pounds from I've ended up with 18-20 oz. Not that I was expecting to get more but...getting short changed? Not sure if that was worth the day or two less in delivery time since I won't be able to brew until this weekend and this was more of a backup for future brews... :confused: :(

theBFG said:
Did yall end up getting yours yesterday? I got mine, really quick delivery! I went ahead and broke them up into 2 and 4 oz bags, but ended up with only 15.25 ounces...Every other place I've ordered pounds from I've ended up with 18-20 oz. Not that I was expecting to get more but...getting short changed? Not sure if that was worth the day or two less in delivery time since I won't be able to brew until this weekend and this was more of a backup for future brews... :confused: :(

It could be your scale. My cheapo Walmart digital only measures to 1/10th of an ounce, so I measure in grams, which seems to be a little more accurate.

you know I did get mine yesterday but I didn't take the time to break them down. I was fairly disappointed that they were shipped in only foodsaver bags though. I expected mylar, oxygen barrier bags. I will let you know when I break them down what my total amount is. Anyways, I was just glad to find them online! Consider sending them an email and telling them your story? maybe theyd send you an ounce! :mug:

cheers!

It could be your scale. My cheapo Walmart digital only measures to 1/10th of an ounce, so I measure in grams, which seems to be a little more accurate.

Could be, although it is usually pretty accurate and I measured it using pounds, then oz/pounds, then ounces, then grams just to make sure. I've never had a problem before, but it is pretty close to a full pound so I won't rule this out.

you know I did get mine yesterday but I didn't take the time to break them down. I was fairly disappointed that they were shipped in only foodsaver bags though. I expected mylar, oxygen barrier bags. I will let you know when I break them down what my total amount is. Anyways, I was just glad to find them online! Consider sending them an email and telling them your story? maybe theyd send you an ounce! :mug:

cheers!

But it is so much more fun just to complain on a message board! ;)

Good to hear you got them though! It is almost hard for me to complain at all since they shipped out immediately and I got them so quickly. I just wanted to see if others had the same experience and maybe the vendor needed to be notified ... not to complain bc the service was great but let them know there may be a flaw in their weighing or something.

Great service or not, you should get a pound if you order a pound. I'd complain and now will be weighing mine for sure.

Yeah definitely agree, the more I think about it the more I find it irritating. But let us know when you get yours and what the weight is so I can make sure it is not my scale that is throwing the weight off, if you don't mind.

Yeah definitely agree, the more I think about it the more I find it irritating. But let us know when you get yours and what the weight is so I can make sure it is not my scale that is throwing the weight off, if you don't mind.

yeah i am slightly irritated as well, broke down both my cluster and my amarillo and was 1 oz short on both (about 28-30 grams short). though, I also ordered from http://www.southernbrewingwinemaking.com/ (amarillo) and was short 1 oz there as well. :( :(

Mine was off about a half ounce. I will be emailing them in a few minutes.

Citra has started to become pretty widely available it seems; I've gotten quite a bit of it. My understanding is that acreage was larger for Citra than last year, although it seems like its been slow to be pelletized.

All my orders from Yakima Valley Hops were over in weight, my pound of Amarillo was 507oz! All the rest were around 480oz.

I cleaned out my LHBS when they came in. I walked in and said, "I need Citra. How much Citra do you have?" and they replied, "Well, how much do you need?" and I replied, "NO, I wanna know how much you have. I'll take it all"

I've got 10 ounces of it in my freezer. And i'll use it all before March, most likely.

great news, but at what price? a pound of simcoe is $37.40... kinda steep. a couple of places have them for under $20.
That's not "kinda steep," that's "highway robbery."

Farmhouse Brewing Supply's Simcoe pounds are 2012 and are $19.99, a year fresher and almost half the price. The highest I've paid for Citra pounds this year is $25/lb, and Farmhouse's were $21.

I use farmhouse and hop direct most of the time. I have found a place that had Citra in stock year round last year.

Jesus... what a rip...

I'm glad I get Citra from the LHBS for $2 an ounce and cheaper when I buy it in bulk from him or online.

Latest posts

Back