So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottling a chocolate brown so I can brew up a 100% Brett L pale ale. Currently at capacity because of aging Belgians and this falls crab apple wine! I think its time to get more bottles and carboys.

I am brewing a chocolate milk stout tomorrow to test out some ideas before I brew my holiday give away beer next weekend, a Belgian chocolate stout. I will be using bakers chocolate using a method I saw on Brewing TV. I also adjusted the gap on my mill after having some efficiency issues.

I start brewing for the first time last night! I'm brewing a Blonde Ale beer. Wish me luck!!

duckredbeard said:
I've done one ounce at 60, 10, 5, and flameout. Fantastic. What is your hop schedule?

This batch of CTZ has 17%AAU, so I'm doing .5 oz @ 20, .5 oz @ 10, .75 oz @ 5, 1.25oz at flameout

Starting to boil my wort right now!

Just pitched some Wyeast 1275 Thames Valley yeast on my first all-grain batch. Did Northern Brewer's Dry Dock SS Minnow from their pro series. Overshot the OG just by a bit. Added a bit of water and got it close enough, for a first attempt.

ForumRunner_20120922_142548.jpg

ForumRunner_20120922_142612.jpg

Making a pumpkin beer and Maxed out the 15 gal boiler

Using up the rest of a bag of Belgian Pils. Today, the Abbey Single from Randy Mosher. Next week, a Belgian Strong Pale using the yeast cake from the single.

Spur of the moment, I just decided to do a half gallon batch to try the local yeast I collected a couple months ago. The culture smells kind of sour and a little of bacon, so we'll see how this goes.

Brewing up a Belgian Style Pale Ale that I'm going to hit with some Orval dregs at bottling. Can't wait to discover this after I forget about it for awhile!

Brewed a "Leftover Pale Ale"
All ingredient I had left from other brews ...

5lbs German pilsner
5lbs Vilenna
2 lbs American 2row
1 lb Marris Otter
8oz Munich

1oz cascade 60 min
1 oz Amarillo and Citra at 10 min

Wyeast northwest ale - washed

Mashed at 148 hoping for something nice

Brewed up an Arrogant Bastard clone Saturday. It's aggressively bubbling away in the fermenter now. Going to create a starter for an Old Chub clone I'm going to do either mid week or this coming weekend. Time to restock the beer supply. :)

Brewed up an Arrogant Bastard clone Saturday. It's aggressively bubbling away in the fermenter now. Going to create a starter for an Old Chub clone I'm going to do either mid week or this coming weekend. Time to restock the beer supply. :)

Got the recipe for that Old Chub clone?

a little late, but brew a pliney the elder inspired IPA. also showed a friend who's interested in re-trying his hand at making home brew the process. hopefully got a new convert.

Planning on a Rye PA with some toasted oak chips and coriander in the fermenter. Brewing from a partial mash kit and messing with it. Can't wait for it to be done!

DangerDanJD said:
Brewed six gallons of a flanders red (similar to Rodenbach Grand Cru). My first sour attempt. Now to wait a year. . .

I'm planning one of these for the next few months; just need to wait for the next Wyeast special order from my LHBS

I did 5 gallons of cream ale and my first 5 gallons of cider. Both were happily bubbling away within 24 hours. Going to brew 5 gallons of vanilla porter this sunday.

Just doughed in on a 3 gallon BIAB black IPA. First BIAB, First black IPA, and first night brew. Ive got some buddys over here that have never seen homebrewing before so it'll be a good time, no matter what.

Going to brew a clone of the Darkstar Hophead. I've trawled the net for a recipe that works without much success so I'm going to give it a wee bash with my own hopping schedule and see what happens!

Thought I was going to brew this 2 weeks ago but couldn't find blood oranges. But now I got em so it's time to brew a blood orange ginger IPA that will be aged on Spanish cedar. Excited to finally pull the trigger on this one.

Brewing tomorrow. Traditional bock followed by a German pilsner. Triple decoctions for both of them. Going old school authentic on these. Gonna be a long brew day.

I'm brewing tonight or tomorrow...I'm going to try the no-chill technique with an American Wheat. I'm pretty pumped since I haven't brewed since last Spring....life got busy this Summer but things have finally settled down.

Back