St. Peter's...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok you UK guys, speak up!!!

A buddy of mine brought over a St. Peter's Winter Ale on New Year's eve, and until now I had forgotten that I drank it (I was cleaning bottles). I Do remeber how GREAT this beer was. It was a really smooth "hot" and wonderful beer. The bottle it comes in was pretty damn cool too. It was like a brownish green bottle that looked like a flask almost.

Get one if you see it!!!!

St. Peter's Winter Ale

ORRELSE said:
The bottle it comes in was pretty damn cool too. It was like a brownish green bottle that looked like a flask almost.
SWMBO brought me home a St. Peter's Cream Stout yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet...you're right, the bottle is very cool. :cool:

ORRELSE said:
Thanks ORRELSE, I'll look out for it as i haven't seen it yet - maybe Orfy (he's a CAMRA member) or Blighty have.
Just Theakston's Old Peculier tonight for me!

Caplan said:
Thanks ORRELSE, I'll look out for it as i haven't seen it yet - maybe Orfy (he's a CAMRA member) or Blighty have.
Just Theakston's Old Peculier tonight for me!

OOOHHH BABY! I LOVE OLD PECULIER! that stuff rocks my world :drunk:

Thanks, I'll keep an eye open for it.

(I've not had time to read the Camra intro pack yet. It came 2 weeks ago.)
Something to look forward to when I come back.

Tonights a whisky night. Well maybe a HB later.

ORRELSE said:

I've tried the Organic Best Bitter, which is pretty nice. I must admit though, I didn't know they had such a large range of ales. The supermarkets here only stock a few of their beers (I've only ever seen the Organic Best). This, I think, warrants further investigation! :drunk:

Okay, that's it...I'm so ill-informed that I am going to have to join CAMRA!

DeRoux's Broux said:
OOOHHH BABY! I LOVE OLD PECULIER! that stuff rocks my world :drunk:

I'll never forget my first one.:) Was home from college on Winter break back in 1978 and a buddy and I decided to go to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. We'd had a record snowfall that week, it was frigid outside and we wanted some liquid refreshment for the trip. We scanned the isles of the local drug store/liquor mart and came across Old Peculiar.

With a name like that, we couldn't not buy it! It turned out to be a perfect fit for such a cold day! We realized we'd scored quite a find with "Old Weird Beer" as we came to call it! I haven't had one in a long time. Maybe I'll remedy that in the next few days!

i need to brew one. i have a old ale recipe from BYO that's supposedto be like an Old Peculier. needs to age 3-4 months though.....

BlightyBrewer said:
This thread's been "beerjacked"! ;)

Yes, and I'm partly to blame!:eek:

My local beer pusher doesn't show that they carry St. Peter's Winter Ale, only this. I'll keep an eye out for it. I do love the look of those bottles!

I didn't see any Winter Ale at my beer pusher's over the weekend, but I did pick up a bottle of their Old Style Porter. I haven't tried it yet, as I came down with a case of the flu Sunday. That was going to be my 'beer drinking with football' day, but out the window that plan went!:mad:

I have had St. Peters organic english ale. I was pretty bland but refreshing. I would make a great session beer except for the cost. I have also had their cream stout. That was F' ing great! The only problem i see w/ St. Peters is that the bottles are all shades of clear and green and i am wondering what it tastes like before the trip across the pond.

Ill have to bring this thread to life again haha.
You see, i once saw a youtube vid with CraigTube where he mentions that the best beer of all time, would be the st peters winter ale, among that, i found it on beeradvocate... well at that time, to be high rated (it has a 87 BA score and 91 BRO score now). So i thought, why the hell not try to see what the fuzz is all about...

I believe it have taken me around 2 years to actually find it and buy it, and it was pricey as HELL... Anyways, i JUST finished drinking it and immediately tried to find me a clone recipe as this beer, is ****ing good!

I've brewed a ton of batches, but not so many of the darker beers as this one, porters, stouts etc.

So... ANYONE that have some experience brewing this, gotta step up and tell what they did to get on some sort of right track for this one :)
And if you haven't tasted it, see if you might find it on the shelf in your local liqour store, or similar... It's worth it.

Beeradvocate: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/296/2437/
Craigtube: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSIP3_B9XFk&feature=youtu.be&t=39s[/ame]

Now let he cloning begin :D

Latest posts

Back