Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm a Firefighter of 25 years and hope for another 10 to go.

hsbcapt-
I'm a firefighter too...BTW, there's a group of firefighters on the board-just go to groups on the top of the screen, then search firefighters.

:off:
35 years! you are crazy. i have 16 in and will be out in 9, only because my 1st 5 were for another dept and don't count.
Mongo, i'll look up the group, I didn't know about that.

ok back to the topic!:D

Byson Stone brewery. Byson Stone is a name some my friends gave to bar patron that they said was my "bizarro world" counterpart.

When I began brewing, the name came up and a logo w/ a Bison and Rock on the logo was the vision. I have an artist working on an official logo for T-shirts etc...

I have finally come up with a name for my brewery.

First I thought "Midnight Sun Brewing" because that just sounds cool. It was taken.
Then I thought, my girlfriend calls be bulldog sometimes, because of my relative demeanor. So, why not "Bulldog Brewing". That was taken as well.
A few other lesser names came and went, then while reading over this thread, it finally hit me.

Multum In Parvo Brewing.

Its perfect. Multiple things I like in life are much in little. I drive a MINI Cooper S, which packs a lot into a little car. I own a pug with my girlfriend, he is 17 pounds of pure energy and love. And, most importantly my girlfriend is everything, but in a small package (5'1").

And now, after a year, my brewery has a name!

just curious. i know some out there like iron or and deep six have names/logos and all that....does anyone own the trademark on their name/logo? If so what did it cost? I'm interested cause my buddy and i hope to eventually go pro years from now but want to make sure that our name and what not would be protected once we have one.

You would need to register a fictitious business name with your county recorder's office in order to secure it from anybody else. The fee is typically around $20 for the business name, and your name becomes fictitious when you advertise in the newspaper for a 2 week period (typically around $40). You don't need to be "in-business" yet.

Back in high school (88-89) me and a buddy had to come up with a fictitious product and do a marketing campain for it. So Bullshivit Brewing Co. was born :) We were both (and still are) full of s**t so it seemed to fit. :) plus my fav. beer is RIS

For those in Florida, these two sites will be of use: https://efile.sunbiz.org/ficregintro.html & https://efile.sunbiz.org/ficinfo.html

The gist of it is that a $50 filing fee gets your name for 5 years, provided you've advertised in a local newspaper at least once.

You would need to register a fictitious business name with your county recorder's office in order to secure it from anybody else. The fee is typically around $20 for the business name, and your name becomes fictitious when you advertise in the newspaper for a 2 week period (typically around $40). You don't need to be "in-business" yet.

Way back when, used to run a software company called Atomic Dog Software (can't remember how this name was picked - many years have passed). I then got a dog I named Nuclear. The software company is long since gone, but Nuclear's still with me (14 years in Feb), so I figured it made sense to go with Atomic Dog Brewery.

I actually work for 2 differant Depts. I'm a Shift Capt at both still have to fight fire . But I still get a rush when its burning . lol

As far as brewing I'll never leave my garage. I did build a brew stand will show pics as soon as I have enough post. Single tier , 2 pumps , 3 banjo burners and a water filter system and 3 very shiny keggles .

I'm a public defender. I think I'll begin brewing under "Defender Brewing."

Threw this rough sketch of a brewery logo together just now:

defenderbrewing.gif

I need to come up with a label, but I came up with a name just a few hours ago, Almaigan Brewing Company. Okay, the company part just makes it sound legit. It's made up from the first two initials of my family members' middle names. I didn't expect it to actually look like a real word.

Way back when, used to run a software company called Atomic Dog Software (can't remember how this name was picked - many years have passed). I then got a dog I named Nuclear. The software company is long since gone, but Nuclear's still with me (14 years in Feb), so I figured it made sense to go with Atomic Dog Brewery.

A couple of years ago I did some Logo design for a friend of a friend for a clothing company called Atomic Dogg. Never found out if he used any of my designs or if the company did anything though.

I don't know why I never noticed before the name of your brewery.

I need to come up with a label, but I came up with a name just a few hours ago, Almaigan Brewing Company. Okay, the company part just makes it sound legit. It's made up from the first two initials of my family members' middle names. I didn't expect it to actually look like a real word.

ha, same herei have the name but no artistic ability whatsoever, so the label is nonexistent...

I'm a public defender. I think I'll begin brewing under "Defender Brewing."

(Sorry I'm late to the thread.)

I always wanted to sneak into the courthouse parking lot one night and put up a sign that says, "Parking for Defense Attorneys Only -- Prosecutors Will Be Violated."

I'm not a brewer but I'm getting into wine & mead making. I started with a wine kit to share with my fiancee, and wanted a label with some personal significance. The winery name is French for "the love of a friend" (at least I hope that's what it says!) which a phrase that came up early in our relationship, and the photo is from the first time we met in person at the Niagara River.

WineLabel.jpg

The nice thing about being engaged to a lady in Toronto is that when I go to visit her I get to drive through the Niagara wine country. Tasty!

Dave

sharpstick winery/brewery name dates back a few years:
http://keiserb.tripod.com/why.html
i have a sub-name, "crooked label". i despaired of sticking on labels straight after a while and designed some that were not rectangles, but trapezoids with the text at odd angles and i just slap them on any way they fit.

Nomad Brewing. Comes from the fact that the "operation" never seems to stay in the same city long enough for a geographical name. I move every couple years, so Nomad's in its third city already.

Sure hope nobody's taken this name yet... it sounds simple enough as to be unoriginal...

Black Swamp Brewery . The area between Detroit and Monroe Mi used to be called the Blackswamp , before it was drained .
Mad Anthony IPA
Grosse Isle Pale Ale
Dwarf Stomper Ale ( for my son he just turned 17 on Tues. he's 6'9" )

This is a great name. I'm 6'7" and from Flat Rock, Mi. Still no name for mine yet though.

I used my last name and the German word for brewery, Steiger Brauerei. I did this because my son who helps brew when he is home from college is studying German, as did I, and he will be attending school in Germany next year.

Howdy yall, while im still relativley new speaking on the forums (been a stalker though for quit some time lol got a jaom in its 4th month along with well... a lot of beer to hold us over in the meanwhile lol) Figure im shootin for Howling Wolf Brewery or Atris Brewery. I work in the EMS field and in new jersey theres something called an ATRA law aka Alcohol Treatment and Rehabilitation Act meaning if there in jail we gota be the taxi cab and take em to a hospital... yay me xX anywho being drunk one night (go figure lol) we thought i'd be interesting to mock it. So from there on out, Atris Brewery was born ^_^ been meaning to find a better name but for some reason it just stuck around.

I want to make Bowser Brau labels since my kid's all about Mario and Brau because having spent time in Germany and being half German and all that, it's not Brew it's Brau and it's not Brewery, it's Brauerei for me :D But first I need to actually bottle my first ever brew this Sunday. I might be getting ahead of myself, I might suck at this stuff and have to go back to commercial beer :(

changed to Resistance Brewing.

didnt really like the White Peaks name although it did relate to Colorado nicely. Had a buddy in town, so him, myself and fiance were brainstorming and were trying to think of a bold, single word name. Wanted something that implied "resisting" crap beer and drinking good, craft beer. Thus, the name Resistance brewing came about.

Still unnamed. I have some time since my first ever batch is only a week into fermentation but I am having trouble coming up with something I like.

Some obvious options:
-Winchester Brewing Co. (the name of the street I live on)
-AB Brewing (my initials-also my wife's initials)

Other possibilities:
-Fat Dog Brewing Co. (I have two dogs and my wife and I often refer to them by their characteristics-The Fat Dog and The White Dog. The Fat dog isn't really even fat, just bigger than the other one. He was our first dog and is pretty much the man.)
-Double Bogey Brewing (or something golf related since that occupies that majority of my free time and money)

The Brainstorming continues...

Still unnamed. I have some time since my first ever batch is only a week into fermentation but I am having trouble coming up with something I like.

Some obvious options:
-Winchester Brewing Co. (the name of the street I live on)
The Brainstorming continues...

Go for a gun theme, Winchester, Double Barrel Bock, Holster Slapping Pale Ale, Russian Roulette Imperial Stout, Bolt Action Belgian just something that popped in my head when I saw Winchester

Go for a gun theme, Winchester, Double Barrel Bock, Holster Slapping Pale Ale, Russian Roulette Imperial Stout, Bolt Action Belgian just something that popped in my head when I saw Winchester

Thought about this but I am not really into guns...at all. But thanks, all ideas are welcome!

Man I got nothing, and im bottling in two days...

The other breweries in town aren't really named after the city of Hamilton (we have lakeport...and a few brewpubs, with creemore, sleemans, and Nickle Brook all withing a short drive away, and all awesome) But the city of Hamilton is also known as the armpit of Ontario...

I'm a musician so I'm thinking something music themed? Low End Brewery perhaps since im a bassist. Bass Clef Brewery? Something jazz related?

Any witty help would be appreciated!

actually A&O Brewing Company sounds pretty nice.

We can make "Armpit Ale/Porter" "Body Odour Bock" and "Stank Stout"

I've got a few ideas..
The Gentlemen Bastards Brew Co. (or Brewery)
The name comes from a group of characters in a book I read, and it always stuck with me. I'm just not sure if I could get into legal troubles by using it lol
73rd Street Aleworks : I live on 73rd st. Awesome creativity there.

...the city of Hamilton is also known as the armpit of Ontario...I'm a musician so I'm thinking something music themed? Low End Brewery perhaps since im a bassist. Bass Clef Brewery? Something jazz related?

Armpit Brewing works. :)
how about Walking Bass Brewery?
just a couple to throw out there for you.

Well I have been thinking of this for a long time and it has not been easy for me to come up with one. My lastest thought is

ISOB Brewery
with the tag line BEER SO GOOD IT MAKES YOU CRY
Just my last name spelled backwards

isob.jpg

My brewery "Black Dog Brewery, New York" is named after my show dog and best buddy in the whole world, Jack. Jack is a Black Labrador Retriever and is well on his way to getting his championship. He enjoys strutting his stuff for the judges at dog shows but at home he is just plain old Jack. His picture adorns my label below.

test_label.bmp

The wife and I sat down the other night and decided on Liquid Courage Brewing. We also came up with about 20 beer names. Now I have to come up with a logo and some beers to fill those names.

Man I got nothing, and im bottling in two days...

The other breweries in town aren't really named after the city of Hamilton (we have lakeport...and a few brewpubs, with creemore, sleemans, and Nickle Brook all withing a short drive away, and all awesome) But the city of Hamilton is also known as the armpit of Ontario...

I'm a musician so I'm thinking something music themed? Low End Brewery perhaps since im a bassist. Bass Clef Brewery? Something jazz related?

Any witty help would be appreciated!

Hamilton is also a steel mill town with Dofasco and Stelco mills there. You could call the brewery the Steel Bass Brewery or Iron Bass Brewery. Or perhaps if you or a family member work for one of the mills you can call it the Stelco or Dofasco Jazz Brewery. Or instead of the company name use the name of the operating unit in the brewery name.

Having the collective creativity of cardboard, my buddy and I have gone through a couple of "name changes"...

* When it was just the two of us, we called ourselves "JC Brewing" (JC for Justin & Chris... nothing religious behind it... although some of our first batches made you wish you were looking at the light at the end of the tunnel...) and our spin-off for non-alcoholic drinks "Uncle Jut's Homemade..."
* When we added a third guy into our group, we then went to "Mohawk Valley Brewing" (or "MV Brewing", for short...). But then we found out that there actually used to be a Mohawk Valley Brewing company in the Utica, NY area.... back in 1880 (it lasted only until 1882).

So (for now, until one of us has a genius moment to change the name again), we call our brew's "Fultonville's Finest". Fultonville is the name of the town we're from, and Finest... well, because there really isn't that much that comes out of Fultonville that can compare to our brews!

Fallen Shadow is the name of my brewery. Just came up with it on the fly changing one of my favorite metal songs around a little bit, Kissing the Shadows by Children of Bodom:rockin:

After my first attempt at brewing and my life experience I have decided to call my brewery:

Shambles Brewing

Our motto:

"You can tell by the look on their face, it's a Shambles"

Latest posts

Back