Years up - How Many Batches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Years up - How Many Batches?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-20

• 21-30

• 31-40+

• 2004 (Nader last Presidential bid)

Results are only viewable after voting.

user 574

Dirty blonde
Reaction score
Well, 2006 has come and gone. How many batches (regardless of volume) did you brew this year? I'm at 21 as I brew my Desert Dry Rye currently. Oh and Dude, it's almost your Red Eye Rye recipe. Had to change some things because of available hops and no Carafa at the LHBS :(

Started in July, brewed 9 batches, some 5 gallon, some 15 gallon. Close as I can figure, my total volume for the year is 75 gallons.

I love this hobby!

I only did 11 batches this year. I'm having a storage problem at the moment. I need more friends to come over and help me drink some of this. :tank:

Received a beer making kit for Christmas 2005 and I brewed 23 batches, each batch 5 gallons. All extract with specialty grains. I'm looking forward to next year and maybe making the jump to AG.

Hooray for Homebrewing.

Onescalerguy said:
Started in late August and got in 21 brews.10 AG's in the last 5 weeks!!Time and grain on my hands.Poor me.;)
Cheers:mug:

Nice work. :rockin:

I'm counting the melomel as one batch, even though it started life as a blackberry cider and has been through two separate ferments. And the Schwarzbier/Black Ale project as two. A lot of my energy went into building equipment & re-arranging the brewery.

Started last Christmas. Bes Christmas present I ever got.

I kind of lost track of the number of batches after 22.

I can't ever remember having this much fun with all my clothes on!!

started my first batch in march, now im on 24. I did 8 extract batches before moving to AG. This year will be mostly 10 gallon batches.

my liver hates me

I started in July and I brewed my 13th batch the other day. I hope it's a lucky 13.

Hooray Beer!

My 2007 Resolutions are:
Brew More
Actually join this site. :cross:

Happy New Year!
:ban:

Started in August, brewed 7 batches of beer, 5 batches of Apfelwein, and 1 batch of French Cabernet Sauvignon.

Moved from Mini Mash to All Grain, upgraded from glass carboy to Better Bottles, 1 Faucet tower to a triple Perlick Faucet Tower, and I now have a beer fridge and a chest Freezer/lagerator in the garage.

Not a bad start for coming off a 7 year sabbatical.

2007 is going to be a very good Brew Year!

I was going to start a similar thread. Good thing I checked first!

Checking my notes...

19 brews and 1 cider...

# of 5.5 gal. brews: 16 = 88 gallons
# of 3 gal. brews: 2 = 6 gallons
# of 6 gal. brews: 2 = 12 gallons

Grand total: 20 brews and 106 gallons

12.5 brews bottled
7.5 brews kegged

I started in March. Best as I can remember I brewed 20 beers, 5 wines and 3 meads.
I'm surprised to see some you guys who I thought were old timers only started this year, as well.

this is why i need to keep better notes...

i have a pile of papers to dig through to give you an accurate count. off the top of my head...about 24 batches or so.

16 batches for me this year. Bought a kegerator in June and production picked up after that. Probably did 12 of those batches from June through the end of the year.

19 batches this year. I was on hiatus over the summer because I was moving. Then production started up slow asI waited for a couple batches of mead to cycle through.

- magno

8 - but I didn't start until late October/ealy November. Roughly 40-43 gallons (some were 5.5 gallons). Brewed my 8th and final 2006 brew yesterday afternoon - Sorachi Saison. :)

Resolutions for 2007:
Brew 20+ batches
Brew an Apfelwine
Never use extract again, except for priming and starters.
Brew the same beer multiple times and get the same result.
Get a kegging system and give up bottling.
Get a recipe (or two) down enough to taste good enough to be our 'house brew'

I ran into a bit of a lull a few months ago (spending more time posting that brewing). Also took a little while getting my AG setup all in order, that slowed me down. I think I was around nine or ten batches for the year, starting in April. I'm averaging about one a month. I've been doing more like one every two or three weeks lately, a pace I'll try to keep up until the stockpiles are fully replenished.

Started brewing again on November 4th and have built two five gal batches so far.

Money is tight atm.

drinker

I got about 6 batches under my belt in 3 months since I started... First batch (which I brewed before this website, many brewing books, etc.) was not oh-so good, but the rest have been great!

I'm a madman.

I learned how to brew in July. So I basically had 6 months out of the year. During that time, I brewed up 23 5-gallon batches, or 115 gallons.

Good god, my beer room is stocked to the ceiling (literally) with cases of brew. I've been giving it away to everyone. How cool is this hobby...

I'm also going strong during the winter months. I've learned that the colder my brews are during fermentation and clarification, the better they are in the end. A couple of the ones I brewed in the summer had this ucky estery thing, probably from the heat, and the fact that they were extract brews. Since I moved to PM and AG, and since it got colder, the beers have gotten much better. So, following in the grand tradition of the Biere de Garde (beer for keeping), I'm stocking up on brew during the winter, to last me through summer. I'll still have my lagerator that fits one carboy, so I won't be entirely non-brewing, but it will definitely cut down on my rate, since I'll have to wait until one batch is completely finished before I brew another.

I started brewing around March, and did about 6 extract batches. Then I went to All grain and have done about 6 ten gallon batches.

Started in early October and knocked out six batches, just about one every two weeks. Now that I've got three carboys, I hope to speed that up to three batches a month, give or take. Brewing a batch tomorrow morning, in fact! :rockin:

Katrina messed up my schedule this year, but I still managed to get out 12 batches anyway!

:mug:

19 for me (20 if you count a mead), down from last year.

I experimented quite a bit again this year--I used pumpkin, smoked my own grains, used maple syrup and fenugreek, Mt. Dew, honey, rye, oak, fresh picked hops, and a whole pound of hops in brews this year.

I had a good year in competitions (the 2 that I entered), and I nailed down some pretty delicious recipes.

My 3 best brews of the year were:

1. Pub Ale
2. Red Eye Rye
3. Pliny The Bastid (the first one)

I've never killed a keg as quickly as I did on that Pub Ale. Incidentally it is now the official house brew for "Bratwursts and Shillelaghs", and will be the first one I brew for 2007.

I had a damn good 2006.

8 batches but only brewed for the last four months. (40 gallons)
Summer is here and temperate in cellar is lovely so I am starting to crank them out.
...building an extension just now and wife not too keen on the noise of the airlock so had to move them from the kitchen (next to bedroom) into the bathroom, but just about to knock the bathroom out to make a hallway into the new extesion, anyway lets just say it wasn't to be!

Got a cider going already this year and BeastII will be started at the weekend.

I only got about 14 off this year. That sounds dirt but what ever. But I had two moves a marriage and a new job in that. So thought that was pretty good. I will pick up the pace for next year.

About 11 or 12 this year. I am about the only one drinking it so I guess not too bad. I'll have to give a little more away to coworkers this year.

Evan! said:
I'm a madman.

How cool is this hobby...

I'm also going strong during the winter months. I've learned that the colder my brews are during fermentation and clarification, the better they are in the end. A couple of the ones I brewed in the summer had this ucky estery thing, probably from the heat, and the fact that they were extract brews. Since I moved to PM and AG, and since it got colder, the beers have gotten much better. So, following in the grand tradition of the Biere de Garde (beer for keeping), I'm stocking up on brew during the winter, to last me through summer.

Sweet. It seems we have some similar ideas in general about beer. I feel like a squirrel lol. I need bottles man! hehe. It seems to me that I'll probably be brewing some wheats in the late spring for summer and probably wind down a bit (refocusing on the garden and other outdoor activities). The winter is prime time though! I feel like I need to brew. :mug:

Started just before December. 6 (5.5 Gal) down, 1 extract the rest AG. Gonna try to brew weekly until I build up a good stock.

Back