Beer Styles by Hop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surly

Reaction score
Anybody know of a resource that will suggest a style of beer that can be brewed according to the hop you have on hand?

I have a bunch of Fuggle. And I will use some of it to brew a brown ale. But I also would like to brew another style as well.

Thanks

Anybody know of a resource that will suggest a style of beer that can be brewed according to the hop you have on hand?

I have a bunch of Fuggle. And I will use some of it to brew a brown ale. But I also would like to brew another style as well.

Thanks

There are no hard fast rules, however Fuggle is an English hop and so would be appropriate in just about any English style. Might be a decent choice for some Belgian styles as well. Doesn't really have the punch for most American styles and would not normally be used in German styles.

Craig

Brew your own's chart on hops and styles is probably close to what you are looking for:

http://byo.com/resources/hops

It's harder to use than the old chart they had, but you can flip through styles until you see the hops you have available.

Back