My Take On The Rolling Trashcan Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
Not reinventing the wheel here but here is mine so far.

I used a trash can I got from Wal-Mart it was like 18 bux and change. I also like this one the best because it had the squarest body and the smallest hump. It easily fits 3 kegs and my co2 bottle or 4 kegs if the bottle sits outside.

I used a heating vent that I connected to a paint tray to make a drip tray.

It can be attached and removed with some L brackets I attached.

Used a brass hose end with a cover I found at Lowes as a drain it attaches to the can by a threaded PVC piece that screws onto it that sandwiches the can between the two pieces.

I didn't bother insulating the can I will set the can in a water heater tray to catch any condensation from the can.

I built a wooden platform to even out the floor with the hump. It's not connected and after use I will drain the water and pull the platform out to let it dry.

I plan on making a PVC sleeve to hold the co2 bottle that can be attached inside or out.

Still got to stain the wood and install faucets and hoses. I will post more pics when I finish it up.

IMAG0185.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0191.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

That it is pretty sweet. If and when I start kegging, I will deffinately have to look into one of these. With the parties and get together our families throw during the summer, I can only imagine how better this would make them!

Enjoy!

Nov 21st big party for the Pats vs. Colts! GO PATS!

Been slowly getting this together and brewing to get ready. I will have a Nut Brown Ale, a Blue Moon clone and Graff in the kegerator and some Apfelwein and Skeeter Pee in growlers for the ladies ;)

looks mighty good, when's the inaugural first use?

This is a necessity since one keg won't last long with me and a few friends :rockin:

That it is pretty sweet. If and when I start kegging, I will deffinately have to look into one of these. With the parties and get together our families throw during the summer, I can only imagine how better this would make them!

Enjoy!

CenCalWorthog said:
The dip tray is pure ghetto brilliance :)

Haha. I was thinking the phrase "ghetto fabulous" It is a great project though! Glad my wife didn't see this before I put a lot of money into building a keezer. ;)

Yes, plenty of room for ice even with 4 kegs. With only 3 i can actually fit a bunch of 2liter bottles of frozen water around them.

Used it Memorial weekend. Filled the can up about 1/4 way with water from the pond we were camping near. Put frozen bottles around the inside where they would fit and added about 6 bags of ice. Wrapped a blanket around the bottom below the drip tray and used a bungee cord to secure it. Had cold beer for 3 days. Adding about 3 bags of fresh ice the 2nd and 3rd days.

Back