End of election barleywine celebration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
Who is up for a barleywine celebration tomorrow - Friday 11-7-2208?

In celebration of the end of the election, no matter how you feel about the results, and as an act of solidarity as a band of brewers, I suggest we go out and get a bottle, or more if you wish, of our favorite Barleywine and toast all things barley! Invite a friend or drink alone in the dark, but lets put all this behind us and get back to the important things in life.

Who is in on this?

Excellent idea! I will start with a sample of your so-far excellent 09-09-09 recipe (just checking SG, I swear!). I'm going to need to make a stop at the good beer store tonight, all I've got is Heavy Seas Below Decks.

I'm so down for that, although I've never bought a commercial barley wine. Any suggestions I live in SoCal (if that helps) :mug:

I'm so down for that, although I've never bought a commercial barley wine. Any suggestions I live in SoCal (if that helps) :mug:
small.jpg

for me ->
gnarlywine.jpg

The best part of the Gnarly Wine is the price tag like $6 here in Chicago.

I like some of the other Lagunitas but I haven't had this one yet.

This sounds like a good idea. I'll give it a go.
Got some homebrewed BW, as well as some double bastrd, ol foghorn, a '97 Knucklehead (bridgeport), HOTD, and a few others, not sure I'll need all those, but....
Is there a proposed time? In the chat room?

I'm PST, so I'd be one of the early crowd. Anytime is fine by me. Other times I done this online beer tasting sort of thing, we would start about 17:00PST, which would make it around 20:00EST so as to not make it too late of a night for the East'r crowd.
Those were on school nights, so we could push it back a bit if needed.

Latest posts

Back