Brisket on smaller size wsm?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
Can you smoke brisket on WSM I dunno how long you can smoke on this smoker it's my first smoke on this smoker

Yes! You can! We have a WSM and smoke brisket often. (knowing i may get flamed) I would suggest a mop sauce if you're smoking a flat.

Yes I just did a brisket a couple of weeks ago. If you just do the flat I would recommend injecting it.

This from a WSM...

brisket.jpg

Any tips on making the coals last. Is there a thours to pounds ratio?

We add more as needed (both wood and charcoal).
We don't use an hours to pounds ratio... we cook it until its done. wish i could be more specific here...

You can load the WSM up with charcoal and it will last a long time. Use the Minion method to light and you'll be good to go.

Instead of using a mop sauce I highly suggest you inject your brisket with FAB B or Butchers BBQ. The secret of moist brisket is getting the phosphates back in the meat that were lost when the animal was slaughtered. I also recommend purchasing CAB or Certified Angus Brisket because CAB briskests are stamped with the slaughter date. If you know the slaughter date you can wet age the brisket in your refrigerator for maximum flavor. I also recommend smoking a full packer so you can separate the point and flat to make burnt ends out of the point.

I always inject my briskets woth white cranberry peach juice or some other acidic yet sweet juice. My rubs I make tend to be on the spicy side so the sweetness of the injected juice give it a nice taste in my opinion. Plus it keeps it from.drying out

Back