Cheapest on the Net

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digdan

Reaction score
Since I'm always looking for the best value when it comes to brewing I thought I would make a thread just for the cheapest anything-brewing-related you can find on the net. Here is what I bring to the table (or have found from threads on this forum) :

Hops - http://www.hopsdirect.com They sell leaf, and pellet hops cheaper and fresher than any other place I have found. The downfall is the smallest they sell is 1lb quanities.

Vanilla Beans - http://www.arizonavanilla.com/ They ship fast and their product is very fresh. Look for their sales, they have them often and they are a great deal.

Burner (170,000 BTU) - Agri Supply Someone else found this, but its an amazing deal.

Anyone know where you can order specialty grain cheap?

Chairman Cheyco said:
This thread is getting close to sticky material...

Dunno--I like a good bargain as much as the next cheap bastard, but I'm not quite to the sticky stage yet.

digdan said:
Whats there shipping costs like?

It depends on how much you order, actually. I'd recommend getting with your local HB club and doing a group order. The more weight/bags of grain you order, the cheaper shipping is. Recently some brewing buddies and i placed an order and we had 19 total bags of grain and various odds and ends. It came out to about 8 bucks for each bag. So essentially you are getting a 55 lb. bag for $35. That means you are getting a pound of high quality Maris Otter or Golden Promise (or whatever else you like) for half of what HB stores sell it for.

Cannot beat that.

I just contacted them, and to ship from to me it was 17 bucks shipping per bag.

digdan said:
Vanilla Beans - http://www.arizonavanilla.com/ They ship fast and their product is very fresh. Look for their sales, they have them often and they are a great deal.

Those prices Beans are outrageous.

A half pound of those same beans on eBay is 20+ship from a reputable seller (that many of my brewing pals have used).. 50 bucks in nuts!

As far as bulk grain I would actually say MoreBeer.com. Shipping is free for orders over $59.00, and bulk 55lb bags of grain run around $38.

That would mean you could purchase 110#s of bulk grain for $76(total). That comes out to be 69 cents a pound:ban:

digdan said:
As far as bulk grain I would actually say MoreBeer.com. Shipping is free for orders over $59.00, and bulk 55lb bags of grain run around $38.

That would mean you could purchase 110#s of bulk grain for $76(total). That comes out to be 69 cents a pound:ban:

Actually, bulk grains are exempted from the free shipping offer. MoreBeer's prices are excellent on just about everything, but there are definitely cheaper sources for bulk grain.

I just got off the phone with them after they told me the exact thing. Ohh well, I guess my LHBS is still the cheapest for me.

cweston said:
Actually, bulk grains are exempted from the free shipping offer. MoreBeer's prices are excellent on just about everything, but there are definitely cheaper sources for bulk grain.

digdan said:
I just got off the phone with them after they told me the exact thing. Ohh well, I guess my LHBS is still the cheapest for me.

That is why you need to horde up your friends and do a bulk order from Northcountry. I get my grain this week. I'll be brewing with some nice Halcyon or Marris Otter next week. YES!!!!

Dude said:
That is why you need to horde up your friends and do a bulk order from Northcountry. I get my grain this week. I'll be brewing with some nice Halcyon or Marris Otter next week. YES!!!!

Holy crap - just found this thread. That place is only about 90 miles from me - roadtrip!! I'd only need to buy a couple of bags to make up for the cost of gas :rockin:

Back