Organic unfiltered Juice for Apfelwein? Cloudy juice=Cloudy Apfewein?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithman

Reaction score
My wife volunteered to get me some non-preservative apple juice today for my first attempt at apfelwein based on the recipe in the sticky. I just got home and note that she bought organic apple juice with no preservatives, but also unfiltered. It is cloudy in the jugs.

Will the stuff making this juice cloudy drop to the bottom of the carboy as sediment before racking or will my finished product be cloudy for all time if I use it? Any input is appreciated.

Smithman said:
My wife volunteered to get me some non-preservative apple juice today for my first attempt at apfelwein based on the recipe in the sticky. I just got home and note that she bought organic apple juice with no preservatives, but also unfiltered. It is cloudy in the jugs.

Will the stuff making this juice cloudy drop to the bottom of the carboy as sediment before racking or will my finished product be cloudy for all time if I use it? Any input is appreciated.

Once fermentation ends, all the solids will drop to the bottom. It will clear, just make sure you dose it with pectic enzyme.

It should be fine. When I did mine I used apples from the trees in my yard that I ran through a juicer for 100% of the juice

Back