Obama is a homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article:

Of course everyone wants the recipe--but the White House isn't ready to release a "definitive" recipe just yet. That'll have to wait until the recipe is absolutely perfected.

"Maybe with the next batch," Stephens said.

The White House is very good about issuing recipes, as can be seen from the sidebar of this blog.

I for one am willing to cut the guy some slack. I imagine it might be a bit tough to run a country while keeping an eye on your boil additions.

Staffer: "sir, another country is under revolution; we need you to act."

President Obama: "hold on just a second, another couple of minutes before the 15 minutes addition of cascade, if I throw 'em in too early it's gonna mess up the IBUs slightly."

He wouldn't get my vote either, but I wouldn't pass up the chance to have a beer with the guy. Unless of course he made me pay.

Staffer: "sir, another country is under revolution; we need you to act."

President Obama: "hold on just a second, another couple of minutes before the 15 minutes addition of cascade, if I throw 'em in too early it's gonna mess up the IBUs slightly."

:rockin:

Jesus, they couldn't have come up with a better label? Weak.

It isn't that I don't think it is neat I just can't help but notice how many ways Obama is trying to get into the history books for "firsts" without actually accomplishing anything helpful.

But since this isn't a political forum that really doesn't matter. At least we can hope home brewing will continue to have political support!

Yay BEER!

It isn't that I don't think it is neat I just can't help but notice how many ways Obama is trying to get into the history books for "firsts" without actually accomplishing anything helpful.

Yes, because being the first black president in US history is completely overshadowed by the homebrew.

He wouldn't get my vote either, but I wouldn't pass up the chance to have a beer with the guy. Unless of course he made me pay.

I briefly met Obama in Schaumburg, IL at at baseball game some years ago when we was running for IL senate. Politics ignored, he seemed like a really cool guy.

Yes, because being the first black president in US history is completely overshadowed by the homebrew.

totally dude, if he wasn't black he wouldn't even have tried to be prez.:rolleyes:

not a fan of honey in beer, but i'd sure like to get my hands on a bottle of that

Man am I disapointed. I saw the title of this post, and I was hoping for a recipe that promised to be full bodied, original, and unique, but turned out to be Bud Lite.

I definitely want to try the recipe when it is released. And I think he's been doing a good job! Much better than Regan & Bush II.

This thread just crashed and burned with political innuendos... Back on topic, it's ****ing awesome that someone brewed beer in the White House, regardless of the political party that the current occupant claims.

Hmm, the Republicans are just upset because their party's version was over-aged, stale, way off balance and left the taste of sour grapes in their mouths. ::zing::

No really, politics aside it's a cool bit of validation to see homebrew in a setting like that.

The chefs probably are probably on this forum all the time..."researching" :D I mean where else would they learn everything they needed to know about homebrewing?? I bet they are making some halfway decent stuff by now, and that the fresh honey is goood!!

Hmm, the Republicans are just upset because their party's version was over-aged, stale, way off balance and left the taste of sour grapes in their mouths. ::zing::

No really, politics aside it's a cool bit of validation to see homebrew in a setting like that.

Nice. I think that brew hit its peak in flavor about 1860 or so, didn't it?:p

Political bickering aside, how cool is this? How you like to be the chef, too? It'd be nice to get paid handsomely to home brew for the president. Not that you'd be under any pressure to get it right, though.

There were at least two threads about this right around the Super Bowl.......

Typical politics; it gets picked up late. ;)

I don't think it's all that "cool" to see it brewed in the White House. I mean, Homebrewing is not hard and it's getting pretty popular. This is no different than someone building a bowling alley in the whitehouse, or growing a garden out back.

I think the best thing we can get out of this is the ability to tell people, "Well, they homebrew beer at the White House..." when they give you "that look" after you tell them you brew beer. I mean, it gives a bit of credence to the hobby.

But honestly, it's not like OBAMA himself is brewing the beer.

Am I the only one here hoping that the Withe House chimes in asking about a stuck air-lock and exploding bucket?

Nobody help them unless they supply pictures.

Am I the only one here hoping that the Withe House chimes in asking about a stuck air-lock and exploding bucket?

Nobody help them unless they supply pictures.

HAHA. "Is my beer infected?!?! This is serious, POTUS is gonna be pissed!"

Pfft, Barry. Washington and Jefferson brewed their own.

Chefs. Sheesh.

Can you imagine Obama himself coming in here? "WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS BREW? OMG IS MY BEER INFECTED? WHY ARE THERE NO AIRLOCK BUBBLES!"

Thinking we hold out until they provide the recipe for review...

They also need to increase the limit we're allowed to brew (and make each state allow home brewing), and give everyone who does home brew free health insurance (and quality care) for as long as we home brew. :rockin: Give us discounts on apartment/home insurance too. :D They also need to subsidize us for every batch we brew. :D

Hey, if we're dreaming, might as well go for broke, right?

Cool to see this, but isn't it illegal for the chefs to be paid to brew beer for someone?

We should all send in resumes to be the white house brewer!

Well, D.C. isn't exactly a state, but I don't know what that means in terms of brewing laws.

I can imagine Barry Obams sitting outside one night drinking White House brew and smoking a cigarette.

I think it's pretty cool and it does help to have the White House supporting homebrewing. If something has alcohol, tobacco, or firearms involved, there is always a good chance some nut job lobbyist is going to try and take it down or tax it at some point.

...maybe we will see a change in White House staff soon with Charlie Papazian being appointed Secretary of State.

I liked the story, I thought it was very cool. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back