Had to toss first batch but second is going well

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wagwag

Reaction score
I went into this the wrong way when I started, given information from ill informed people, and ended up using a cider with preservatives because I didn't know any better. Nothing happened in the carboy. Started over and used 2 gal of fresh pressed cider, and added a half gal of a black berry/kiwi juice I juiced myself. You can actually see stuff happening in there. Any suggestions on when I should put this batch into its second rack? What I should look for? So far it's developing this beautiful rosey color from the black berries

How long do you plan to ferment it? I think you could leave it in the primary for 4-6 weeks. Are you planning to go longer or add fruit to it?

I was thinking 4 weeks. Then was planning to rack it and add some cinnamon and nutmeg to it. I think I have all the added fruit juice I want in it for now

Back