Ipa's!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benco

Reaction score
New to brewing. I have recently been buying a few craft ipa craft beers from grocery store, which are great. Also I just got two kegs! Yea! I was wondering what kind of ipas you guys and gals like? I'm only doing 5 gal. extract right now. Thanks! I think I'm turning Into a hop head!!

Sierra Nevada, Goose Island....

My favorite is my own "Mystery IPA" done with Citra Hops and oak chips :mug:

Dogfish 60min is a very good start, other commercial ones i enjoy are Terapin's Hopsecutioner, and Victory Hopdevil.

Plus I really have been enjoying the IPA's I've been brewing up.

Bell's Two Hearted and Hopslam, the Hopalicious, Ballistic, and Satisfaction Jackson IPAs from The Ale Asylum brewery (regional Wisconsin), Sierra Nevada, etc.

Yes - count me as another vote for Racer 5 and the Lagunitas IPAs. And can't forget all the awesome hopmonsters from Three Floyds.

Edit: Dale's Pale Ale and Gubna' from Oskar Blues, too.

I'll second Two Hearted. I know New Belgium doesn't get a lot of love around here, but I really like their Ranger IPA. Those two are my go-to, easy-to-get commercial IPAs.

Dales's Pale Ale IS really good, and so is New Belgium Ranger IPA. Still plugging Southern Tier as my #1 though. :mug:

Everything here so far is good, but Ballast Point Sculpin has become my new standard. There is a thread here somewhere with a recipe, but I'm going to wait until I can do a full boil for that.

I've never had Pliny the Elder because we don't get Russian River in Alabama or Georgia, but based on reviews and mentions here I've decided to try the clone recipe found on the forums. Bought most of the ingredients for 2.5 G batch today. All I'm waiting for is the Simcoe to arrive.

Racer 5, Lagunitas, and Tioga Sequoia General Sherman. If I'm out of my own. I really have tailored my IPA's to my taste.

Back