Ventmatic faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought some from this same vendor. He's a good guy and its a quality product worth the 4 dollars extra.

Same here; just bought some from him for my chest freezer/kegerator project. These are top-notch, which is why I go them. And they were $10 less thatn retail.

There is more discussion about them here.

I think you also need shanks, nuts, and other things. I got mine made up from NB on a 2 pull tower, so I don't know all the "nuts and bolts" of what makes up a tower.

Thanks for your input guys. I ordered 2 of them for my project. Still a few other parts to round up like a tower and shanks, but I will get them eventually. :)

who cares they are all the same!!! i use shirrons never seen a perlick, but from all the hype ive read its all in a name i would bet you 5 case's of beer you couldnt tell the differnce between the pour on a ventmatic vs. perlick faucets.

i could only notice a slight diff between my shirron and my general faucet that came with the tower, pay attention to what your local bars use, i beleve last time i was at a bar i read on the side of the quad tower PERLICK with some genearic faucets (it was a budwiser bar/ aka brewhouse) 5 on one tower and 5 on the other at the other end of the bar.

I personelly went with shirron because they look nicer, not because they pour better or are made any better, but for straight up looks, i make decent money so i figured since i could afford it why not, if you can only afford perlicks or some genearic taps then go for it, who cares, all a tap does is delever your beer to your glass. it has no affect on the taste, color or head, so i dont see the big diff in the two major forward sealing faucet manufactures right now.

sorry to vent, ive seen this issue argued a few times on this board,perlick vs shirron... blah blah blah, go with what you can affoard and like not what some stranger on the internet reccomends!!

I am going betweent the 2 for my tower. Is it safe to say that with the Ventmatic that your tap handles dont stay "straight" but rather turn when pouring?

blefferd said:
who cares they are all the same!!! i use shirrons never seen a perlick, but from all the hype ive read its all in a name i would bet you 5 case's of beer you couldnt tell the differnce between the pour on a ventmatic vs. perlick faucets.

i could only notice a slight diff between my shirron and my general faucet that came with the tower, pay attention to what your local bars use, i beleve last time i was at a bar i read on the side of the quad tower PERLICK with some genearic faucets (it was a budwiser bar/ aka brewhouse) 5 on one tower and 5 on the other at the other end of the bar.

I personelly went with shirron because they look nicer, not because they pour better or are made any better, but for straight up looks, i make decent money so i figured since i could afford it why not, if you can only afford perlicks or some genearic taps then go for it, who cares, all a tap does is delever your beer to your glass. it has no affect on the taste, color or head, so i dont see the big diff in the two major forward sealing faucet manufactures right now.

sorry to vent, ive seen this issue argued a few times on this board,perlick vs shirron... blah blah blah, go with what you can affoard and like not what some stranger on the internet reccomends!!
Man calm down a bit. There is no argument here I'm sure they are both great faucets. I just got what I percieve to be the slightly better one for whatever reason that may be and I wanted some opinions on the seller and the price is all. Besides the price difference between the two is really peanuts in the grand scheme of things anyway.
Just relax and have a beer. :D :mug:

buckrogers71 said:
I am going betweent the 2 for my tower. Is it safe to say that with the Ventmatic that your tap handles dont stay "straight" but rather turn when pouring?
Huh? Why would the tap handle turn? Mine stays straight.......

here is what I found from Northern Brewer in their replacement hardware for Ventmatic Faucets:

"Non-Rotating Lever Kit. If you don't like the default, rotating lever of the Ventmatic faucet, you can install this non-rotating lever kit, and keep your tap handles positioned just the way you want them."

I know with my current faucets, the tap marker stays eaxctly where I put it after cleaning.

Does that make any sense? :confused:

Hmmm that makes no sense to me. Like I said, mine does not rotate at all. I really dont know what they are talking about.

JnJ said:
Hmmm that makes no sense to me. Like I said, mine does not rotate at all. I really dont know what they are talking about.
Mine spin freely. It's convenient, as my tap handles are double-sided. When I swap in a keg with a different brew, I just spin the handle around to match. No tools required.

9557-taps.jpg

9557-taphandles.jpg

buckrogers71 said:
BLL, do you have to put a little effort forward to get them to turn?
No, they turn quite freely. I kind of like the "feature" but I would prefer they were a little tighter. The handle usually turns a bit while I'm drawing a pint.

BlindLemonLars said:
No, they turn quite freely. I kind of like the "feature" but I would prefer they were a little tighter. The handle usually turns a bit while I'm drawing a pint.

ok, thats pretty much what I wanted to know. I guess I might just go w/ the perlick as i would have to buy the additional non rotating kit.

JnJ said:
I think you have to adjust them with the mounting piece below the tap. Like I said, mine wont turn at all.
I've fiddled with them endlessly, and they just spin. I bet your faucets came stock with the non-rotating lever, like this one
shirron-lever-kit.jpg

and not the one on the left here, like I have.
post-69-1129850033.jpg

i guess i have 2 choices, 1) try them as is and see if they are the non rotating, or 2) buy them and the "up grades" and then send the upgrades back (provided they are not the spinners). Either way UPS or USPS might be getting some extra $$.

Well I got my Vent-Matics today. They look great. Now I just have to get a tower, shanks and a few other miscellaneous parts ordered. I don't have any tap handles yet (gonna have my wife turn some on the lathe) but it does appear the ones I got will allow them to turn somewhat freely if that concerns anyone.
P1010034.jpg

P1010037.jpg

P1010038-1.jpg

Back