It's official, I'm having heart surgery on Feb 18th...wow, it's real now.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishing you all the best, Revvy. Just saw this.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and get back in the saddle as soon as possible!

Just saw this and wanted to wish you the best.

You are a treasure trove of information, so get well and back to passing on your knowledge soon!

Wishing you the best and get well soon. Thanks for everything you've done so far around these parts, certainly made my entrance to the hobby much more enjoyable

Stay positive Revvy, you will be feeling better soon.

I wish I could say I was worried for ya Revvy, but after watching these heart docs work their magic on my dad a few years ago, it's clear this **** is downright trivial to them. They sweat the oil change on their BMW more.

Just think of it as a ticker tune-up!

It is quite amazing to watch heart surgeons work. I have had the privilege of scrubbing in for quite a few valve replacements and bypass surgeries during PA school. The highlight of this was getting to hold back a patients heart while two surgeons sutured a bypass graft onto the back of the heart. What is new and completely scary for the patient is routine and relatively straight forward for surgeons. It's amazing to watch them take a patient off the bypass machine, warm the heart back up and watch it spontaneously kick start itself back to pumping.
It is scary to think about and scary to think that they can do such a procedure but it really is a well coordinated dance that has been done thousands of times. Rest easy.

Good luck Revvy! Thanks for all the great advice you've provided around here. I know I'm a better brewer than I was a year ago, and your posts have played a large role in that.

Thanks everyone. I'm up. I haven't slept a wink. I've got to be there at 5am, and my surgery is scheduled for 6:45. It's slotted to be about 3.5 hours. My family should know something by 11 I would assume. I showed Marybeth how to post to my FB from my droid. And then AZ_IPA said he'd post here on HBT an update. Hopefully in a couple days I'll be able to post something myself.

My prayers and thoughts are with you as well man. Your gonna come out of this an even stronger, all-knowing Revvy.

From his FB page...michael is out of surgery everything went very well. Just waiting to go back and see him. Thx to everyone for your prayers. Mary beth
:mug:

Excellent news! Im gonna go eat that BLT now, [raises sandwich in a toast] Here is to your recovery Revvy! :ban::ban:

Back