Help me decide what to do

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnigh7

Reaction score
I am headed to midwest supplies tomorrow, but I haven't decided what I should buy. My sister is taking there for a bday present (I'm unsure of her budget but I have some to spend as well).

Now the question is....

Should I continue building my 10 gal AG setup?
I currently have 3 Sanke's, 1 ball valve and siphon tube

or

Should I get a brewing kit, ready to brew?
I would try for the Kegging starter, or intermediate kit with the 2 glass carboys.

Kinda torn on which way to go....just looking for people thoughts...

-Midnigh7-

Pretty much everything in an intermediate kit will be used for all grain brewing, so why not pick one up and do an extract batch or two while getting the rest of the all grain brewery together? Do a search for better bottles to and go through the arguments for and against to make sure you want to go with glass.

I tend to agree with BB.
Get some things that will carry you in extract, PM, and all grain.
I use glass and better bottles. I plan to get another better bottle on my next purchase.

I did the cooper's kits for a while and just moved to brewing partial grain and extract brew, Even though it is not all grain I still find it much more enjoyable. If it were me (and keep in mind I am very new) I would start with a kit and do some extract brews and some partial extract brews and get a good feel for that first. While you do a few of those you can save up and getter some more experienced equipment. I did opt for all glass, For some reason I just feel more comfortable with it. As BB said you will need all the basic stuff anyway.

Latest posts

Back