Naked City Brewing has a location!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the installation of floor sinks and running drain pipes fom the bar and kitchen to the main drain line running along the north wall. Once the pipes are installed, we'll repour concrete o cover it all up.

We'll install a trench drain in the brewery and slope the floor 1/4" per foot from the wall to drain. this will allow for easy cleaning since we'll be able to hose everything down.

Ahhh, I thought as much, but was wondering if this was your trench drain, and you were maybe going to pour a floor in the trench and put grates over them.

Looking good, Don. I know where I'm going to visit next time I'm in Seattle.:mug:

Drains and floor sinks have all been installed. We've begun framing out the kitchen and store room area. We'll start building the bar and back bar next week. The walkin cooler arrives on the 30th.

More pics.

framing 004.jpg

framing 006.jpg

framing 007.jpg

framing 008.jpg

Nice work, looks like a ton of fun! I'm thinking a nice drive up to Seattle might be in order. You have any more information about when your opening day will be?

It sure would be great to get a HomeBrewTalk meetup together in Seattle to celebrate! Anyone else second that motion?

I think we should have a huge HBT meet the week after the grand opening. This will allow for "regular" customers to come in and not be too scared away by 11ty beer nerds running around doing their comic book guy talk about beer, and it'll give the staff some time to "get in the groove."

Maybe a bad plan. :dunno:

I don't think I'm busy the 2nd-3rd of August and would be willing to swing by to lend a hand if there's a project going on. :)

More framing done. We now have the kitchen and the stud wall for the bar all framed. Next up is the back bar.

More pics
OBF 033.jpg

OBF 036.jpg

OBF 038.jpg

OBF 039.jpg

OBF 040.jpg

Great! I will be in Seattle Laborday weekend ... hopefully you guys are open by that time! :D

Whats your occupancy permit #? Seating wise it doesn't seem too bit to me or am I wrong? But still ... def great set up! :)

Whats your occupancy permit #? Seating wise it doesn't seem too bit to me or am I wrong? But still ... def great set up! :)

if you wouldn't mind sharing the dimensions I could give you an estimate of an occupancy load...

hey, where's the bathroom man? all that beer, someone has got to pee!

**edit- nevermind, I see on A2 there appears to be an upstairs or downstairs with bathrooms.

How are you doing with the planning board?
I take it they have approved the licence?

They approved the Restaurant/Bar. We had to file a conditional use permit for the brewery. That is under review as we speak. We won't be able to brew on sight for probably 3-4 months after we open.

Very cool. I am surprised how little room the kitchen appears to take up. Are you serving your beer from kegs or straight from pressurized bright tanks?

We have 5 single wall brite tanks that will sit in the walkin. along with beer poured from kegs for the guest taps.

The occupancy permit on file with the city shows 130. We won't have that many seats. Probably around 80. The restaurant floor space including back bar, kitchen, storage and walkin is around 2600 sf.

I live about two blocks away from you, and I am WAY stoked to have a nice brewpub in Greenwood. Looking forward to many good pints!

Back