first brew... first keg....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester

Reaction score
I just kegged my first brew today and its sitting in the kegerator getting carbonated.... then I'll bottle with the beergun in a few weeks.... it was really easy... I'll never prime and bottle since I've started with this... we'll see how it turns out... I tasted a little of the brew that was left and I'm not sure yet... hopefully it tastes good....

Jester

I just started kegging this year and I agree. I will never go back. 100 times easier! I don't have to clean and sanitize all those bottles!

I love my new keg system. But some times you need to have your brew sit in bottles to age. I dont have a extra keg that i can have a brew sit in for 6+ months.

autoferret said:
I love my new keg system. But some times you need to have your brew sit in bottles to age. I dont have a extra keg that i can have a brew sit in for 6+ months.
God point. As a matter of fact I'm probably going to have to bottle a batch here pretty soon. :mad:

autoferret said:

Yeah but you can get one. ;) I mean a used keg is like 25 bux. I will getting a few more I think for just this purpose.

autoferret said:
And you can't give kegs as gifts.

I just got my BeerGun in the mail on Friday for this purpose.. so I'll be bottling some after they are carbonated, once I need the space or if I want to give a few gifts...

Back