44pt beer on an electric system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCuckerson

Reaction score
Just thought I would pass on to you folks that I scored 44pts on a schwartzbier in the Piedmont brewers cup, putting to rest any off-flavor concerns with electric systems ... fwiw

Good job:rockin:

Since I've switched to all electric brewing I have won 3 medals. 2-thirds and 1- first.

Personally I think you have more control over the entire process with all electric. Two reasons are tops in my mind. First is mash temperature control, I believe this is superior in a properly designed electric system.

Second is being able to repeatedly control boil intensity via a know power input versus a burner sound or flame appearance. This allows me to make small changes in the boil off batch to batch if necessary to correct any small efficiency issues in the mash. I can vary boil off from 1.1 GPH to 1.6 GPH simply by changing the boil power, this is priceless to me.

Cheers

Back