Group Buy in Chicago #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
spreadsheet has been updated. PLEASE check to make sure I've included everything that you want.

Anyone that still needs links for the spreadsheet or pricing please pm me. Thanks.

we're at 25 bags. does anybody want to split some rice hulls with me? I would take 20# and they come in 50# sacks. let me know.

I have at least one more split sack order to submit, maybe more, will let you know soon.

Unless we get a last minute surge in orders, we might want to set a cut off date sometime after Labor Day. Chief Kellen, are you still planning on placing an order?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Home Brew Talk

Just updated the spreadsheet around 9:15 pm Chicago time (9/01/11). we're at 27 bags. let's see if we can get 42 bags, folks!

Remember, we need at least 40 bags to get the price break of 2200 pounds. Anything less and the prices are higher due to the lower quantity break.

I would vote to just let it ride until it hits the 40 bag mark. I have some people in my club that might be interested, but they're farther West than I am, so I don't know about coordinating the pick up. I'll let them know, but my other friend is on vacation right now until next week sometime.

I'd vote to wait too. We're having a club meeting on the 11th of Sept. Niilo and I could make sure to advertise it then.

eh. I rescind my vote to wait since I realized the discount is only 3 cents to the lb. If you get two sacks you'll be saving a whopping 3 dollars. It's a nice break but I don't see us accumulating 13 more sacks any time soon at this rate. You won't see much more from me and Niilo's guys at least is my guess.

As much as the price break would be nice for a full pallet, I'm more than willing to pay an extra ~3 bucks per sack if we don't get there. Maybe we should give it another week to ten days, and then just go forward with the buy.

Demon, should we make the cut off date next monday, september 12th?

Everyone, keep in mind that the delivery cost per bag is $78/n where n = number of bags ordered.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Home Brew Talk

I'm good with September 12 cutoff.

OK. September 12th is the cutoff. Everyone review your order. Now is a good time to maybe increase your order since this may be the last buy (that I'm involved with anyway) until next spring.

If it isn't a full pallet maybe I can pick it up. Just charge gas money at the going rate. My truck gets 12.2 mpg. Just a thought

WAIT WAIT! I just found this thread. In brief, what are the details? Who do I talk to? I'm in St. Charles and am interested if there is any room to jump in on some Maris Otter or some Chocolate. How do i find out costs, etc? I know I only have a few days, so fill me in.

WAIT WAIT! I just found this thread. In brief, what are the details? Who do I talk to? I'm in St. Charles and am interested if there is any room to jump in on some Maris Otter or some Chocolate. How do i find out costs, etc? I know I only have a few days, so fill me in.

PM Demon and he will give you all of the details. Don't be shy when it comes to ordering grain. :)

Any interest in splitting a sack of Maris Otter or Munich? Or both? I can't use a whole bag myself, but would gladly split with one or more people. I can take at least a half of each one.:mug:

Stolen (ok, copied) from bmason 1623
"Now is a good time to maybe increase your order since this may be the last buy...until next spring.":(

Any interest in splitting a sack of Maris Otter or Munich? Or both? I can't use a whole bag myself, but would gladly split with one or more people. I can take at least a half of each one.:mug:

Stolen (ok, copied) from bmason 1623
"Now is a good time to maybe increase your order since this may be the last buy...until next spring.":(

I'd consider splitting a sack of Munich. Which Munich are you interested in?

remember the deadline is this Monday, 9-12-11. This will probably be our last grain buy for the year (unless someone else runs one). So you might want to stock up for the winter. Remember just like you can never have too much beer in the pipeline, you can never have too much grain neither. Happy brewing!

I forwarded another six sacks to bmason for the spreadsheet. That will bring us up to 33 sacks, leaving 9 remaining spots.

I forwarded another six sacks to bmason for the spreadsheet. That will bring us up to 33 sacks, leaving 9 remaining spots.

Demon, I updated the spreadsheet from your latest email and it's showing 34 not 33. Did I over add something? Everyone please check the spreadsheet for errors.

I will be adding another few sacks to my order today so we should be close to finishing this off soon! :tank:

Demon, I updated the spreadsheet from your latest email and it's showing 34 not 33. Did I over add something? Everyone please check the spreadsheet for errors.

Demon, you are correct. I found the discrepancy in the spreadsheet and have updated accordingly.

I will be adding another few sacks to my order today so we should be close to finishing this off soon! :tank:

Demon, ThatRyanGuy sent me a PM. I'll update his order once he figures out exactly what additional grains he needs. We should be at 36 bags or so by the end of the today. Almost there!

I'm still interested in splitting a sack of Maris Otter. Anybody? Come on:ban:, you can always use some more MO (just not 55lbs.:cross:)

How about TWO other people who only want 1/4 sack each? I'll take the other half. It's a loooooong winter;)

I'm still interested in splitting a sack of Maris Otter. Anybody? Come on:ban:, you can always use some more MO (just not 55lbs.:cross:)

How about TWO other people who only want 1/4 sack each? I'll take the other half. It's a loooooong winter;)

you know, you can never have too much MO. If you can swing it buy the whole bag for yourself. :D

If it makes it easier for anyone considering placing an order, and you live in the far NW or W burbs, I can pick your grain up for you and drive it out to my place. Then you can pick it up from there. Save you a drive into the city...

Just added three more and that's all I can do for now! Now it's time to start brewing to make some room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back