Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sophiawinford.jpg

Sorry I don't know how to resize

Hello AGBrewer,

Great color!!! I just wanted to ask How you made your gas connection from the ball valve to the burner? thnx:mug:

Have several batches under the belt on this one. BCS controlled fully automated...well with the exception of grain and hop additions (I have to have something to do!).

finished.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

Have several batches under the belt on this one. BCS controlled fully automated...well with the exception of grain and hop additions (I have to have something to do!).

I really like that old Kamado! Sweetness!

Btw the fully automated rig is sweet too. I have a mid-1960's Sazco Kamado and your right they cook beautifully!

Just got the kettles in last week and did a wet run with water. It boiled off 3 gallons in 60 minutes. I m thinkin i should turn down the burner. I really dont know what i should start off with as a pre-boil amount now. But i m looking forward to brewin on it.

image-2880510.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

Here is my brewstand. Great thing is that it completely comes apart for storage....

Ok but seriously, I love all of the stands on here. Maybe when I move to a bigger place with a garage, I can have my very own stand.

Alright guys, just finished this besides the hoses(they are on back order). Alot of work on round SS40 but the pipe was free from my brother.

image-4183383058.jpg

image-3230803775.jpg

oregonparamedic said:
All finished. Thanks to everyone who answered my questions and posted their builds to inspire mine.:mug:

Sweet setup man. The flames are cool.
Is that a remote on the left Keggle?
Are those turkey fryer burners?

Burners are from Ag supply (and the regulator) and the remote is for the pump. Just has to go wireless. The pump plugs into a gfci and then into a wireless switch. Couldn't resist. :)

oregonparamedic said:
Burners are from Ag supply (and the regulator) and the remote is for the pump. Just has to go wireless. The pump plugs into a gfci and then into a wireless switch. Couldn't resist. :)

Sweet. But now you got me thinking.

Okay, I'm in the process of welding my stand together and have been reading TONS of threads looking for a reasonable caster to fit my 2" square tube. the tube is 3/16" thick.

ANYONE have any idea what i should be looking at? I looked up the casters on caster city and there is no way i'm going to pay over 80 bucks for casters.... I know someone out there has found some casters to fit inside for MUCH cheaper then that.

Please help me out here, my back would really appreciate it. :)

rekoob said:
Okay, I'm in the process of welding my stand together and have been reading TONS of threads looking for a reasonable caster to fit my 2" square tube. the tube is 3/16" thick.

ANYONE have any idea what i should be looking at? I looked up the casters on caster city and there is no way i'm going to pay over 80 bucks for casters.... I know someone out there has found some casters to fit inside for MUCH cheaper then that.

Check out Great Lakes Caster.

rekoob said:

I just bought mine at tractor supply. They had a good selection and decent prices.

Have you checked out Harbor Freight Tools? They have a great selection and low prices.

Here's mine "The MaxOut Brew Station"

Basically a self contained, semi automated, BCS-462 controlled, 16 foot by 3 foot by 8 foot, single tier, HERMS, gas fired HLT/heat exchanger & boil kettle, brew station with intigrated primary fermenter, bakers rack, secondary mash lauter tun and work surface.

Details Here:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/maxout-brew-station-256435/

IMG_4795.jpg

IMG_4793.jpg

IMG_4813.jpg

IMG_4811.jpg

Maxed out,
I too am jealous, for someone who just started brewing you have way more time and money than I. Guess you had to live up to the name though. All jealousy aside, Still rockin

Maxed out,
I too am jealous, for someone who just started brewing you have way more time and money than I. Guess you had to live up to the name though. All jealousy aside, Still rockin

Thanks, MaxOut has been my motivational name I gave my fishing boat and has stuck with me over the years. I felt it was appropriate to name my brew system with the same name as I am planning on selling the fishing boat and brewing is the replacement hobby. As far as time and money it has been difficult finding the time to work on the brew system and has taken nearly 8 months to build. So far brewing is still WAY cheaper then operating a fishing boat. Looking forward to many happy years brewing! Thanks for the kind words.

IMG_0169.jpg

Here is my brewstand. Great thing is that it completely comes apart for storage....

Ok but seriously, I love all of the stands on here. Maybe when I move to a bigger place with a garage, I can have my very own stand.

Is that a Penrose Kettle?

Have you checked out Harbor Freight Tools? They have a great selection and low prices.

I looked at thier selection but they all had a flat plate type mount. I was looking for one that would mount INSIDE the 2" square tube.

I have found a couple places but the price is a little out of my range. I mean 80 to 100 for four casters is just to pricey for me.

Finished my single tier electric HERMS a couple of weeks ago. Five batches later and I've barely taken any pictures. Going from turkey fryers and manually lifting hot pots to this has been amazing. Working on getting a thread together for my build.

5959759849_93885d0d47_z.jpg

Latest posts

Back