Ice9's Home Bar Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ice9

Reaction score
I was bored a few weeks ago and decided to go out and buy wood to build a small home bar. I had plans from a while back that I had drawn up in Sketchup. My main goals were to build a bar that would contain my existing DIY two tap kegerator, and have storage for glassware, liquor and possibly a small wine/bottle cooler.

I used a Kreg jig to assemble the frame, which is constructed of 2x4 lumber.
The top consists of a layer of 1/2" plywood on the bottom and 3/4" directly on top of that. The poplar bar railing is from Baird Bros in ohio. The sides are 1/2" plywood that was then primed and coated with Behr venetian plaster to match the existing room walls. It will be trimmed out with poplar. The cutouts in the sides were covered with 3/16 white plexi and then backlit with an Ikea Dioder multi-color led kit. Th bar top will be finshed with fake polaroid pictures, album covers, guitar strings, picks and various music related logos of my favorite guitarists and gear. It with then be covered with Kleer Kote epoxy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Subscribed!!!!

I am working on an LED Plexiglass front panel for a future bar build, but a VW baja bug project put it on hold.

Ice9 said:
Ha, umm that's actually a nano-reef that is really poorly cared for at the moment. I really need to do some water changes.....

Haha as I was typing I was thinking that I was hoping I wasn't calling you out on that. Whoops...lol

I have a 20 gallon aquapod with the 150 sunpod MH in my closet waiting to get some free money to set it up. Darn these expensive hobbies lol

Sent from my iPhone 4 using HB Talk

Back