Breckenridge Small batch 471 Double Hopped IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver02ws6

Reaction score
Im really hung up on IPA's right now, just picked up a 6 pack of this tonight and it was worth the money. Great IPA, IMO. Very smooth yet highly hopped. Reminds me alot of Stone IPA with less pine scent, and less bite.

Just my .02

What are some other good IPA's to try for those of you that enjoy them.

Austin

I just started liking really hoppy beers. I bought a 6 pack of Deschutes Inversion IPA and really like it. My next brew is probably going to be an IPA if I can get my AG stuff together.

Dan

Where are you at Silver02ws6?(Not sure if your real name is Austin or if your from Austin) This would help in determining what IPAs are available in your area. My favorites are Pliny the Elder (only available in California, Philadelphia and Washington DC), Boundary Bay IPA (only available in Washington (state)), Stone IPA, Alesmith IPA, Terminal Gravity IPA (Oregon), Mia & Pia's IPA (Oregon) Rogue I2PA, Big Time Decade IPA (Seattle)

Hey Willsellout, have you made it to Pelican in Pacific City? Phenominal IPA (Great beers across the board really) and great food.

silver02ws6 said:
Im really hung up on IPA's right now, just picked up a 6 pack of this tonight and it was worth the money. Great IPA, IMO. Very smooth yet highly hopped. Reminds me alot of Stone IPA with less pine scent, and less bite.

Just my .02

What are some other good IPA's to try for those of you that enjoy them.

Austin

Thanks for that. I've been debating trying it, and that description sounds pretty close to what I've liked best in IPAs. I'd highly recommend Pyramid Thunderhead IPA, if you haven't already tried it. Very tasty, and it's becoming my standby beer when I don't want an 8-9% ABV beer, which seems to be everything else I buy at the store. :mug:

Brewtopia said:
Where are you at Silver02ws6?(Not sure if your real name is Austin or if your from Austin) This would help in determining what IPAs are available in your area. My favorites are Pliny the Elder (only available in California, Philadelphia and Washington DC), Boundary Bay IPA (only available in Washington (state)), Stone IPA, Alesmith IPA, Terminal Gravity IPA (Oregon), Mia & Pia's IPA (Oregon) Rogue I2PA, Big Time Decade IPA (Seattle)

Yeah Austin is the real name. I live in kentucky. Im fairly new to beer so im still expanding my horizons. I know that I can get Rouge, however i have never seen the 12PA but i will be on the lookout.

Ther is a liqour barn about 20 minutes up the interstate from me that has somewhere around 6-700 different beers on the shelf. It will take me a while to try everything. Right now im just trying to get all the IPA's down.

Austin

Back