My 1st IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdwj

Reaction score
So, I've never had an IPA before tonight. It seems to be something you REALLY have to be searching for in my area, but I managed to find a Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA.

Oh my god! This is a GREAT style!! I think I know what I'm brewing next!!!

I haven't had the 90 yet, but the 60 is really, really good. It didn't take me long to reallytart falling in love with the hops... matter of fact, think it's time to grab the last Hop Devil from the fridge...

Also had a Bell's Kalamazoo Stout. Another yummy choice. So far, I've enjoyed everything from my most recent trip to the liquor store EXCEPT the Dogfish Head pumpkin ale - which is BRUTAL!!

I had DFH's "Golden Shower" (imperial pilsner), which was, by far, the worst beer I've had in ages. I'd crack open a BMC before that **** again. You like fruitcake-flavored cough syrup? You might like Golden Shower. Pisses me off, waste of frickin' money.

Tonight has me jacked to try some new beers next time I brew. I'm doing a cherry wit for the wife, but I NEED an IPA!! Got a good recipe?? A nice stout is an option too, but I really want nitro first so I can do it right.

No, it's extract w/steeping grains. Walker's just starting to go AG now (and I've only done one mash so far).

Trust me, DAMN good beer. I'll know exactly how good HIS recipe is when his package gets here (I'm still waiting for payment on the Bengals/Pats wager).

I'll give it a shot - ABSOLUTELY need more of this! Got to get SOMETHING to take the place of the keg that's just taking up space in the fridge!

Back