Sanyo 4912 Dual Keg System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbaker33

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have seen many posts on here regarding the Sanyo 4912 indicating that this is one of the best fridges to convert into a Kegerator. My only question is, is it possible to have a dual keg system, with a 5# CO2 tank without removing the door? I have seen several pictures of systems with the tank outside, but have yet to find one with the tank kept inside the fridge.

If anyone has any pictures or tips, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

Yes, the tank will fit inside if you rest it on the ledge in the back of the fridge. It's a tight squeeze if you leave the door shelves intact, but it does fit.

I built a thin wooden shelf to help spread the tank weight across the plastic ledge, and the tank itself is held in place with a bungie cord. Low-tech, but it works great. This is not a great picture, but you can see the tank in the back.

9557-Kegerator3.jpg

+1 On the tight fit. It is real tight with the regulator. I had my tank inside, but going outside since I also have two 20 tanks.

Thanks guys. Very good info.

BlindLemonLars, would by chance have any pics of the system without the kegs installed, so you see the wood shelf, and CO2 tank only? By all means, do not take the stuff out just to snap a pic, but if you have one, I'd like to see it.

Thanks guys. Very good info.

BlindLemonLars, would by chance have any pics of the system without the kegs installed, so you see the wood shelf, and CO2 tank only? By all means, do not take the stuff out just to snap a pic, but if you have one, I'd like to see it.

I'm sorry I don't, but there really isn't much to see. The "wood shelf" is really just a thin strip of wood that rests on the back, and the weight of the tank holds it in place. I cut curves in it to accomodate the kegs, but they really aren't necessary. The bungie clips to the edges of the evaporator plate. It just needs to be taut enough to keep the tank from falling over, if it's too tight it could damage the plate.

Well, I guess that sounds simple enough. Thanks for the info. Also, I just noticed the nice edging around the top of the fridge, very nice touch. I may need to pick something like that up as well.

Well, I guess that sounds simple enough. Thanks for the info. Also, I just noticed the nice edging around the top of the fridge, very nice touch. I may need to pick something like that up as well.

Yeah, the rails are great...not only do they look nice, but they keep your glasses from sliding off the back/sides. They are actually stainless steel drawer pulls from Lee Valley Tools.

You'll want one 488mm at $11.80, and two 232mm at $7.10 each. They've gone up a few dollars since I built mine. The included bolts are too long if you're just going through the plastic top, so you'll have to cut or grind them to length, or buy shorter bolts.

You can see them a little better here. (The rail idea and most everything else about this project was shamelessly borrowed from Buford's Sanyo conversion thread/tutorial!)

9557-Kegerator2.jpg

I have like the exact same rails I got at Lowes on clearance (visit to the handle/cabinetry area).

CIMG0151.jpg

Cut the screws down to size, made a cardboard template and you're good to go (other then if you have your tower on, you'll have to remove it to take the top off). Good luck!

I set up my Sanyo 4912 with two kegs, but had to modify the door a little. here are some pictures. I also splurged a little for the drip tray, but its nice to have a drain.
Picasa Web Albums - Bryan - keg-o-rator

Only problem I have is now that I replaces the lines (I moves to a new house in June, and the kegorator had to sit) I get a lot of foam, I'm not sure but I think I need longer lines. right now they are 4' long but originally i think they were 6'long

If you fit your CO2 tank in the center, you could keep the door on (minus bottom tray thing). My only issue when I did that in mine was access and just plain fitting regulator in their right. A lot of people will actually turn their regulator horizontal, as opposed to vertical, so it will fit. I just didn't like doing that, and made it a real pain to adjust.

Like the drip tray Bsquared- I was going to get a tray with hole and do that with mine, but settled on the surface mount because of depth issues (even with cutting out the plastic the tray would be sticking out- not necessarily bad, but didn't know how clean I could make it, and didn't have any type of trim ring idea).

Back