• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania FS: 12" False Bottom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rad-Rabbit

Reaction score
FREE TO: captwalt Congratulations!

I have one 12" false Bottom FREE to the fist PM that is not M*****6 or from West Virginia. You will need to create your own USPS flat rate Large box shipping label (from my address to yours) and email it to me. No money will change hands. I am simply spiting a lowballer. I loose nothing because I wasn't using it anyway and would just like it to go to use on someones system.

IMG_20130113_213415_zps5d19e2e4.jpg

I was told I was trying to rip him off, trying to steal his money because I asked that he send $35 shipped as a gift so PayPal wouldn't charge me fees. I was only selling it for $35 shipped. Originally I was asking $45 since jaybirds sells them around $48 or so (Don't quote me on Jaybirds price, I only did a quick search before placing my ad).

After $15.35 shipping and PayPal fees I wouldn't even get $18. I decided, eff him, I'm anything but a thief! I'll give it away free before I accept a dime from someone constantly lowballing me with the nerve to then put my character into question.

Anyway, I turned a frustrating situation into someone's lucky day. It's makes me feel better (as the good person I am) and delights one lucky member of our forum. Win, win!

At this point I have removed the members full user name to Protect the guilty.

Rad-Rabbit said:
I was told I was trying to rip him off, trying to steal his money because I asked that he send $35 shipped as a gift so PayPal wouldn't charge me fees. I was only selling it for $35 shipped. Originally I was asking $45 since jaybirds sells them around $48 or so (Don't quote me on Jaybirds price, I only did a quick search before placing my ad).

After $15.35 shipping and PayPal fees I wouldn't even get $18. I decided, eff him, I'm anything but a thief! I'll give it away free before I accept a dime from someone constantly lowballing me with the nerve to then put my character into question.

Anyway, I turned a frustrating situation into someone's lucky day. It's makes me feel better (as the good person I am) and delights one lucky member of our forum. Win, win!

At this point I have removed the members full user name to Protect the guilty.

Someone buy this man a beer....CHEERS!!!!

With all due respect, I hesitate when any seller asks for payment as a gift. I totally understand not wanting the PayPal fees to eat into your profit though, in which case you can simply ask the buyer to pay the fees themselves by increasing the amount they send you through paypal. If they send payment as a gift then they have no recourse if something in the deal goes wrong, and lets face it, this is an internet forum, and things go down badly sometimes. It's unfortunate, but it's true.

If you wanted $35 shipped then just ask for him to paypal you ($35 / .971) + $.30. Paypal fees are 2.9% + $.03 so that formula is the reverse. In the end, you'd end up with $35 in your paypal account and the transaction is protected by paypal. If it's not worth the extra dollar or two to the buyer then that's their call. At least that way no one can accuse you of trying to rip them off by asking for payment as a gift.

Rad-Rabbit is a stand up guy. Even when he's sitting down. Despite the indignities you suffered you were still kind enough to protect his identity. Thanks again.

Wish I had been here sooner, I need one of these. But kudos to you sir for a creative and generous way to vent your frustration. If you are ever in Jacksonville the first round is on me!

Wish I had been here sooner, I need one of these. But kudos to you sir for a creative and generous way to vent your frustration. If you are ever in Jacksonville the first round is on me!

Ill be in jacksonville next week for contract negotiations.... any good pubs within walking distance of the crown plaza riverfront?

You'll be about a block from the Jacksonville landing. There's a good Irish pub in there called Fionn McCools. Fair tap selection and great pub grub.

Today I received, free of charge, one 12 inch stainless steel false bottom. This is awesome. Thank you Rad-Rabbit. What a terrific deal. I owe you one. And thank you Home Brew Talk for making awesome things like this happen.

You'll be about a block from the Jacksonville landing. There's a good Irish pub in there called Fionn McCools. Fair tap selection and great pub grub.

didnt make it to the pub but ate next door at bennys, they had a good ipa they said was brewed locally, also ate at rivercity brewing. wasnt a fan of their beers or food. i had a good time a=out there though

Back