NJ/NY cider sources

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notjustgc

Reaction score
Hey all - I'm looking for sources for unpasteurized (or UV pasteurized) cider in northern NJ (anywhere from Sussex county all the way down to Princeton or the shore) or southern NY state.

I'm going down to the Trenton area this weekend, so if anyone knows of a good farm or cider mill down in that area, I'd like to know about it as well.

Thanks!

Hudson Valley NY has a bunch of farms.

I like Meadowbrook as they can generally give me an idea what kind of apples they are pressing and their prices are consistently $5.95/gal ... I've gone to Fishkill Farms, but they seem to be more concerned with the hippies from Brooklyn and selling them $8/gal cider (gets higher throughout the season)... but that's another story... Barton farms has a road stand on RT55 I haven't checked out, but last time I went to their actual farm, they charged me $3 just to get in, so I haven't been exactly in a rush to get to their stand.

All ciders are top quality though and UV flashed, no preservatives, so you can't argue about the quality. I just get a little annoyed that these farms all want you to buy local first, but the local people are the first ones they gouge with their NYC prices.

Back