I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand this sleep you're suggesting? I'll be here all night, saving the world one meth head at a time.

Sleep is that thing that happens to you when you are tired... is like passing out from being drunk, the only difference is the bed doesn´t spin like crazy

I had a little cat nap so I feel reenergized. I do need to go to sleep though. Supposed to get up early and head to the HBS with my brew buddy. He needs to get some things (including DME since he didn't make up any starter wort yesterday like he planned) and I think I'm going to get some new buckets. I've been using a couple bottling buckets to ferment in since I don't have enough regular ones and I'm sick of the spigots leaking on me. I might end up getting some more speacialty grain too. It's a 100 miles round trip for us, which kind of sucks.

After reading the posts tonight, I could swear someone brought some peyote to the party and spiked the punch. Still half asleep. Did BL, Dan and Cygnus have an orgy? ;)

SHHHHHH!!! Let's keep that quiet. :eek:

Look who is awake!!! :eek:

When 8 AM gets here and phones wake up at the hospital, gonna tell hubby he must come home. Things getting out of control and he must come home!! Hurry!!!

Great music....

I am now seeing bubbles in the airlock of the dropped carboy. Maybe all the yeast did not get spilled. Yes, it was dry yeast, I will start making my own liquid yeast starters here soon. Bubbles!!! I just hope that if I stare too long I won't go blind in the other eye. :tank:

Man I slept god last night. It takes me a few days to get back to normal when I'm off. I had a nice cigar and relaxed with some Jack Daniel's before bed. I'm sure that helped. ;)

Man I missed a bunch last night it seems. Life got it the way of the forum and then sleep took over.

Cool stuff Bobbi. I know beer is pretty hardy stuff and you will be fine.

Me and my dog out on a Sunday morning 4-wheeler ride.... I slept pretty well myself.... Yeah, I know, I should keep both hands on the wheel, but we livin' it up!!!

mister_4wheeling.jpg

mister_4wheeling2.jpg

mister_4wheeling3.jpg

mister_4wheeling4.jpg

mister_4wheeling5.jpg

OK Cygnus So you build top end amps? Are they tube amps and if so where do you get your power supplies for them and tubes.

Way way back in the day when I was 6 or so dad built a cabinet and amp for himself. I was his helper meaning I was just in the way more or less:p. Anyway I grew up listening to the New Christy Minstrels, Peter Paul and Mary and such on that system. Then as I got older it was Rush, Pink Floyd and Led Zep that I played on it. I loved the sound from that system and the music it played pretty much changed my life.

Any way to cut the story short I joined the Army and when I got home one time the only part of the system surviving were the speakers. I saved those and have been dragging those with me everywhere for the last 20 years meaning to build another cabinet and amp for them to put in a music room when I finally settle down. Well this next move will be may last move and I will build it all then but finding a tube amp is proving very hard so I think I will do as my dad did and build one.

I see you played Alan Parsons. He was the sound engineer for Pink Floyd I believe and played one of my favorite albums of all time. A all around great musician and can he sing WOW.

Another under rated band in my book is the group Yes. Another singer with a odd voice but the music just pulls me in every time. I think that often times the musical talent of a group at least for me can overpower the singing and it is a long time before I realize the talent of the writing and singing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished my equipment check at work and settling in for some HBT time.

It's weird, before work I left my daughters 1st birthday party. I was thinking, first birthday parties are really for the adults aren't they? Granted, all the kids had a great time, but it seems like the adults were the ones who really enjoyed themselves (to the tune of draining 3 of my kegs). It never fails to amuse me seeing my parents and aunts/uncles drinking at parties. When we were growing up they all stopped drinking until the median of the cousins (52 of us in our small town) were old enough to drink. Suddenly all of us cousins realized that our parents were the masters of hiding their drinking. I've always been a proponent of not making things taboo for my kids, but teaching them moderation. My mind is wandering. I need coffee.

Anyway, here's the big cheese at her 1st birthday.

View attachment 98495

You have to love kids. My sister just remarried and married a well lets just say I am glad I did not marry him. Any way they just had a baby and dad blast it I can kind of forgive him a little because of the child.

Looks like a good party to me:D

Honda Bobbi. I know it is not a Suzuki

Polaris Trail Boss. And I got stung by a bee between my index and middle finger. They are still hanging around, looking for spilled beer. Tried to get hubby home from the hospital today but no can do. They want to keep him and I can see why, he's such a lovable guy when he's in pain. :p <--sarcasm

I was thinking honda and was wrong:ban: I love the new Polaris 4 wheelers though. I drove one that had power steering the other day and just hated going back to my suzuki.

I rode yesterday about 10 miles on mine. I was hating it since I had the snowplow on it and it was cold.

This is more my type of riding. And a photo of me stone cold sober before a ride. I know what happens while camping should stay up camping:ban:

russian olive and 4th of july ride 004.jpg

russian olive and 4th of july ride 012.jpg

I work and live to spend time in the mountains. I would go crazy if I could not get to the wild places. Although some might say I am already there:ban:

Damn Varmintman, I should be working on homework and not commenting on your headgear. Functional and fashionable. You could do well selling that in different colors on the Net. Ummmm, were you wearing that when you had your sled mishap? It might explain alot. :)

Damn Varmintman, I should be working on homework and not commenting on your headgear. Functional and fashionable. You could do well selling that in different colors on the Net. Ummmm, were you wearing that when you had your sled mishap? It might explain alot. :)

Now get back to your homework and stop making fun of my "brain bucket":p

I tell you the bungee was digging into my chin pretty good. But it was all for fun:ban:

Now get back to your homework and stop making fun of my "brain bucket":p

I tell you the bungee was digging into my chin pretty good. But it was all for fun:ban:
That's because your supposed to put the brain bucket hooks on top. :p

OK a couple more camping photos and then I have to stop or I am going to end up wanting to go camping....And there is just way to much snow now:D First is a photo of the tetons during a beer break and the second the beer break. You can see my cooler and helmet in the very bottom of the picture

Fall creek ride 001.jpg

Fall creek ride 003.jpg

So Bobbi's beebeer is fermenting and she has been drunk smootching, Airborneguy is on homecation relaxing with Jack and cigars, Varmintman wants a tube amp and has been modeling headware, don't start drinking until the work is done and we have a machinist in our midst. Which we will need in Homebrew Town. And a bunch of good music. So I guess I'm all caught up.

Hey, Varmintman, you mentioned something about moving. Was that you who posted a while back about finding a 50 acre parcel out in the country? Sooooo.......future site of Homebrew Town aka Happy Town? So what's the scoop? Inquiring minds want to know!

Beautiful scenery, Varmintman!

I had a brand new Can Am. First time out, We went riding behind my BIL's house. I had maybe two Bud Lites before we started out.
I swiped a tree while coming out of some mud and nearly went over the handlebars. My right thumb hurt but rather than be a baby, I kept riding. Problem was that my hand would randomly slip from the throttle lever, causing me to stop. I finally pulled off my glove to find that my thumb was dislocated at the wrist joint. Thumb was crossed over my palm at a nearly 90 degree angle. So that's why it wouldn't work! I smashed it back into place, iced it for a while, and kept on riding for a few hours. Not the wisest decision.
That incident kept me out of work for a couple months, which was fine by me since I had the whole summer off work.

So Bobbi's beebeer is fermenting and she has been drunk smootching, Airborneguy is on homecation relaxing with Jack and cigars, Varmintman wants a tube amp and has been modeling headware, don't start drinking until the work is done and we have a machinist in our midst. Which we will need in Homebrew Town. And a bunch of good music. So I guess I'm all caught up.

Hey, Varmintman, you mentioned something about moving. Was that you who posted a while back about finding a 50 acre parcel out in the country? Sooooo.......future site of Homebrew Town aka Happy Town? So what's the scoop? Inquiring minds want to know!

Yup we are looking at a place. I pretty much refuse to live in town and luckily my wife agrees :rockin:

Beautiful scenery, Varmintman!

I had a brand new Can Am. First time out, We went riding behind my BIL's house. I had maybe two Bud Lites before we started out.
I swiped a tree while coming out of some mud and nearly went over the handlebars. My right thumb hurt but rather than be a baby, I kept riding. Problem was that my hand would randomly slip from the throttle lever, causing me to stop. I finally pulled off my glove to find that my thumb was dislocated at the wrist joint. Thumb was crossed over my palm at a nearly 90 degree angle. So that's why it wouldn't work! I smashed it back into place, iced it for a while, and kept on riding for a few hours. Not the wisest decision.
That incident kept me out of work for a couple months, which was fine by me since I had the whole summer off work.

Ouch. The beer coolers serve a dual purpose when we ride. Nothing like having ready ice for scrapes and dings:p

I loved the time I was stationed at Ft Carson. I spent a lot of time in the hills in Co during that time. I really need to get back there some time

I'm so glad that's where I ended up, for multiple reasons. More than likely we will end up living in Colorado when I retire, possibly in less than 10 years. I'm driving out there in May. We rented a house in Old Colorado City.

I'm so glad that's where I ended up, for multiple reasons. More than likely we will end up living in Colorado when I retire, possibly in less than 10 years. I'm driving out there in May. We rented a house in Old Colorado City.

Garden of the Gods stick out in my memory as being a cool place. And the skiing was pretty good as well:p

I am thinking I am going to stick around Idaho and just travel to all the places I want. For my money the weather and mountains just cannot be beat here:rockin:

I don't have water, since yesterday. Called hubby and he said turn the breaker thing off, then hit the black box thing several times, then switch it back on, but that didn't work. The bees that got in the house, after the spilled beer are dying. Airlock still bubbling. There are bees in my beer. Life is good.

Sharona, that musta hurt. I once broke my nose and put it back myself. Made a "snap" sound. There, I got it!! My friend said, I'm calling 911!! Was a biking accident, I said no, I'm fine!! So she said, well, look in the mirror then I'll call 911!! My nose was sitting on the left side of my face, freaked me out so I grabbed it and put it back. Never did go to the hospital and sometimes when it's cold my nose hurts.

I don't have water, since yesterday. Called hubby and he said turn the breaker thing off, then hit the black box thing several times, then switch it back on, but that didn't work. The bees that got in the house, after the spilled beer are dying. Airlock still bubbling. There are bees in my beer. Life is good.

Sharona, that musta hurt. I once broke my nose and put it back myself. Made a "snap" sound. There, I got it!! My friend said, I'm calling 911!! Was a biking accident, I said no, I'm fine!! So she said, well, look in the mirror then I'll call 911!! My nose was sitting on the left side of my face, freaked me out so I grabbed it and put it back. Never did go to the hospital and sometimes when it's cold my nose hurts.

I am guessing you were smacking the well control box which is nothing more than a glorified relay. Maybe you can take a photo and I can help get the water on

Think you could? Help me get the water back on? I will go take pictures. What do you need pictures of? The box thing? Hubby said don't touch it though, I could electrocute myself. Could you help without killing me in the process? Would be awesome if I could get the water back.

Think you could? Help me get the water back on? I will go take pictures. What do you need pictures of? The box thing? Hubby said don't touch it though, I could electrocute myself. Could you help without killing me in the process? Would be awesome if I could get the water back.

Yup the box thing and where it is at. Also take a look in your main power panel and see it the breaker for the well is tripped

I turned the breaker off to the well already, pulled that handle down, hubby said to do that so elements don't burn(whatever that means). Here is my rusty old stuff, surprised I have had water in the first place? The thing I pointed the arrow at in the last picture is the thing I was supposed to smack(I think).

water1.jpg

water2.jpg

water3.jpg

water4.jpg

water5.jpg

Well it looks like the box you are smacking is a honeywell pressure control. Could be that the contacts in there are corroded to the point that they are not closing enough to make a circuit. I cannot tell but it also looks like the fuse on the left might be burned?

If you have anybody nearby that has a little electrical experience they can check the fuses and then take the cover off the pressure regulator and check the contacts. It is a very easy job but electricity can kill so make sure who ever does it knows what they are doing.

It really should be a simple job though since every thing is above ground.

Hubby's friend is coming over in a few hours and he's an electrician. So just leave it be.... I'll just wait....

Back