How many sankes can this kit do

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think thats a hard question to answer. Different buffing wheels wear down at different rates depending on the material being buffed and the compound being used, as well as how aggressive the user is. How many kegs do you need to do? Chances are that you will need to replace the wheels before you use an entire compound bar.

Just a tip, you should have the word "polishing" in the thread title.

I've tried a lot of different polishing wheels and compounds but the gatorgrit polishing pads are the best so far for large flat surfaces. The edge polishing buffs are good for hitting the ridges and weld areas of sankes though.

Thanks Bobby_M

I saw your polishing video thats were I saw the caswell stuff And Googled and found that other stuff. Audio is down on my work computor ILL look for it when I get home.

Im sure your saying alot in that video.

Yeah and I'm not sure if I concluded in that video that the caswell stuff is OK, but not as good as the gatorgrit and #5 polish you can get at Lowes. I suppose if I had a machine with an arbor long enough to stack 3 or 4 of those buffs, it would make quicker work, but I could only get one on mine. That's a small contact patch and they disintegrate fast on a grinder with no speed control.

Back