Cost of a keg for keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruizer8

Reaction score
I am starting to look into getting a keg for a keggle setup. I was wondering how much I should expect to pay for a plain keg? Also where would be the best places to look?

Thanks

I am starting to look into getting a keg for a keggle setup. I was wondering how much I should expect to pay for a plain keg? Also where would be the best places to look?

Thanks

$30-$50, call local breweries to see if they have any they are about to decommission or your local scrap yard.

Check out Sabco.com I seem to remember them selling kegs with just the tops cut off (as well as already converted keggles)

I have a friend with 2 kegs for 75 dollars but they are rubber coated. I could deliver them to SF this weekend if you were interested.

onthekeg said:
I have a friend with 2 kegs for 75 dollars but they are rubber coated. I could deliver them to SF this weekend if you were interested.

How would the rubber coating effect it with a flame under it?

Back