Smack pack sprung a leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sambogi76

Reaction score
This happened when I was trying to break the inter pouch so I can make a starter tonight; it is just a pin hole leak. I swabbed it with alcohol. Has anyone else had this happen? And should I worry about an infection?

Seconded; I wouldn't worry about infection, but getting it started sooner rather than later will help to ensure that that chance is even more remote :).

This happened when I was trying to break the inter pouch so I can make a starter tonight; it is just a pin hole leak. I swabbed it with alcohol. Has anyone else had this happen? And should I worry about an infection?

You will be fine since you are making a starter ASAP. Even if you planned on waiting just sanitize and tape shut and you would also be fine.

the starter will tell you if infected. I once popped a big hole trying to smack the pack, and it turned out fine. like everyone is saying, since you're making a starter, don't worry.

Back