Brew Kettle Fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlbco1

Reaction score
I am planning to make the leap to all grain and need to get a larger brew kettle for 5 gal batches. I want to get a 32-36 qt kettle with a welded fitting for a ball valve. Should I get one with a second welded fitting for a temp gage? Thanks!

That was my thought...in fact I was looking at the two weld kettle you attached. Have you used this kettle? It's the best deal I've been able to find.

No, but I suggested it to a friend's wife to get him for Xmas, so I hope it's good. It's a good deal, anyway.

I have this kettle. It's great. I went with the 2-weld and wonder how I ever brewed without a built-in thermometer. Makes hitting strike temps super easy, and watching the needle drop when chilling is fun.

Can't beat it for the price.

EDIT: I went with their generic 2" thermometer - I don't need to pay 30 bucks to have blichman tell me to sparge at 170.

Back