co2 with two kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantputt87

Reaction score
I am converting an old mini fridge into a kegorator and want to put 2 5 gallon kegs inside. What is the recomended size of co2 tank to run 2 kegs?

i would say a 5 pounder would be great. you could use paintball tanks but unless you have a few already it would be easier and cheaper to get a 5. I have a 5 pounder running 3 kegs now and I have carbonated and served 7 kegs so far but I know its about to run out.

I run two kegs with a 5lb tank. If you don't have leaks you can get 8 to 10 legs out of the tank.

I run 2 five gallon cornies on a 5# tank. I'm on my fourth keg and should be able to push the rest of these 2 out before I need to refill. I also use it to carb as well as push. If you naturally carb you would probably be able to push 10-15.

I can't speak to Recommendations, but I run a two faucet, two keg system off of (what I think is a) 5# CO2 tank with no noticeable problems.

I run 4 taps on a 2.5 lbs. tank. I also have a 5 lbs. tank, but it doesn't fit in my fridge as well. I carb off a 20 lbs.

You could use a 5 lb tank and get several kegs out of it, but I would recommend going with a 10 or even a 15 just to have extra gas.

get whatever you can find for cheep! I have (2) 40lb tanks and am going on 2 years on the current one. The cost for larger tanks isn't much a step up. I'd get as big as you have space for. Now of course the larger they are, the more expensive leaks are. So check your system!

I have a 5# tank and run four kegs off it. I have to refill once every six months or so.

Thanks for all of the information everybody! I just finished building my kegerator two days ago and was curious how long my 5# tank would work running two taps.

Back