MLT manifold with tubing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendozer

Reaction score
in the great debate of braid vs manifold, I've decided to make a cheap cpvc manifold for future fly sparging. Everyone seems to connect to the bulkhead with a pvc adapter.

i was wondering if I could put a bark on my bulkhead and a barb on my manifold and just have vinyl tubing there. It's flexible so There's no need for a 45 or 90 elbow. Would this potentially result in less waste? Maybe the suction would bring more wort out?

I did the same with reinforced tubing - you don't want it to be weak or it will cave under the weight of heavy grains. It works just fine for me!

Ok. Do u use silicone on ur bulkhead from kettle too or must that be vinyl since its hotter

Silicone can handle higher temps but it get's soft and collapses. Vinyl is rated up to 175, I think a lot of guys use it on their HLT's and BK's though. Of course, coming out of the BK you'll be at pitching temps, so it's not an issue. The HLT might have slightly hotter than 175 water, but I don't see it as a big issue.

Latest posts

Back