Homebrewery setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the yeast fridge. I used to have one of those back around 1996. There used to be a company that specialized in yeast culturing. They sold slants, media, all the misc tools and supplies. I can't remember the name, but I wish they were still around.

F I'm envious! My brewery/storage facility is an unfinished cold space in the basement. My sink consists of old hot/cold taps for a washer that was subsequently moved.

Love it. Very nice.

I agree. The brew rig is beautiful, but that sink, that's the dream. I make my BIGGEST messes just trying to clean everything.

I picked up a 9' 3-bin sink for $300 on craigslist and a 7' 3-bin for a friend for $250. There are a lot of great deals out there! No more dragging keggles into the driveway in the dark when it is 30F and washing with cold water! CRUCIAL!

I love the brew set up but I think I am most jealous of the sink. I'm still cleaning my equipment in a bathtub.

nice setup makes me look at my storage room for my equipment and wish I had the money to spend on a sink and shelves and extra fridges oh well someday. I think I am more jelous of the conical than anything else there tbh :)

Sorry, new terms for me. What is 80/20? What is CIP? What is the larger part of the vertical tubing, hopback? Awesome system!

80/20 is like an erector set for adults, haha. Basically a rapid assembly, no weld way of building small structures. http://www.8020.net/T-Slot-1.asp CIP is clean in place. Basically running pbw or caustic through your system without disassembling. I'm sure you can look it up..

BG

The larger vertical tube is a filter. How I have it arranged is that you can go through the filter when mashing out to get the run offs nice and clean...and with a flip of a switch after the boil the filter then takes care of all the hops and hot/cold breaks. brewershardware.com has it. Great little piece!

A lot have been asking so I am posting my schematics on the thread. PM any questions.

Thanks for all the great comments, really appreciate the support.

I have been brewing for about ten years, however my adventure all started on a little 3gal pot. Countless brews and upgrades later I'm still feeding the monkey! Oh and having an amazing wife helps too! ;)

ACB_Rig.jpg

I picked up a 9' 3-bin sink for $300 on craigslist and a 7' 3-bin for a friend for $250. There are a lot of great deals out there! No more dragging keggles into the driveway in the dark when it is 30F and washing with cold water! CRUCIAL!
You say! I wish i had that luxury!

Did you design the stand on the 80/20 web site? Do you still have the design info you used for the stand? Awesome build!

Insane build, man. That stand is exactly what I am working on building. Thanks for adding the plans, too. It's always good to see how others make 80/20 work for them.

Man, I would feel like a mad scientist in this room!! Theirs gotta be every bit of 20+ k in that rig. Nice dude. Real nice!

Back