Your Christmas tree; Real or artificial?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have a real or fake Christmas tree?

• Real

• Fake

• Both

• None

• Shoe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fake.
My first choice would be none, but the wife and daughter over rule me on that decision
Second choice would be rule, but my allergies don't allow that.

Not really doable to have a tree, fake or otherwise, in our home. A couple of our wolfdogs wont come in the house if we hang a new picture....let alone a tree...

Looks like real this year. I had thought about it just because I did not relish the whole setting up the tree ordeal and thought a change would be nice. My wife actually asked about getting a real one this year without prompting.

Our oldest is in college and I don't think either of them really remember having a real tree. She would have been very young last time.

So when she comes home from college middle of the month we will go out and U-Cut a tree at a friend's tree farm. That's actually the part of a real tree i like best. Picking and cutting.

Can't wait to see what the cats think of this. Last year we got pics of them climbing in the fake tree. Might have to tie this one to the wall...

Growing up my family always had real tree. My wife's family on the other hand always had fake trees due to my wife's and MIL's allergies. Unfortunately that means I have had fake trees in the house since I got married. I do really miss that smell.

One of the towns not too far from us does a tree collection after the holiday. You put your tree on the curb and they come by and collect them. In the late spring/early summer they mulch them and give back the wood chips to anybody that want the free mulch. I had the pleasure of being on site this year for work when they were mulching the trees. The smell was incredible!

...we've got some "ornaments" that give off a lovely pine odor, so at least it smells like Christmas!

Glenn, you hang car air fresheners on your tree? I never thought of those as ornaments... ;)

We put up a real tree yesterday. The house smells like Christmas! Real trees are a bit messy with the pine needles dropping and I've been tempted to go fake. Just can't bring myself to do that, maybe someday.

I had an artificial tree many, many, years ago. It was about a foot and half tall, my mom sent it to me. At that time I was in the Navy, assigned to VXE-6, a Navy Antarctic Exploration squadron (50 years on the ice and then was decommissoned; the NY Air National Guard took over the mission)

That small tree did bring some comfort to my little room. That's the only time I've ever had a fake tree.

Glenn, you hang car air fresheners on your tree? I never thought of those as ornaments... ;)

Never thought of that! When we bought our artificial tree a bit over a year ago, we also bought two packs of a product called "SCENTsicles." They are about six inches long, smaller around than a pencil and smell wonderful! And if you go to "www.scentsicles.com" you'll be at their website! I have absolutely NO interest in the company, whatsoever.

glenn514:mug:

Real, we picked it out in early october and went and cut it down Sunday after Thanksgiving.

I guess I'm the only one who voted none. My wife and I travel so much during the holiday that we don't even bother. We don't have any kids yet, so it's cool with me. I'd have to do all the moving anyways :).

It's gotta be real! It's not Christmas without that beautiful smell. It brings back all the great memories of Christmas past. Heading to a farm with my dad to pick it out, the whole family decorating, listening to Christmas carols, my dad picking one of us up to put the angel on top. Now a days I get mine from the Boy Scouts up the road. I'm sure fake Chinese trees are cool too though. ;)

Always had real until my mom developed an allergy. Then we went fake and I loathed that idea! Now the fiance and I get a 9 foot fat behemoth of a tree and I love it. The smell is amazing. However the needles through out the house after taking it out, blows.

Single? Mention you have a tree to decorate all by yourself next time you are at the bar. You're welcome.

Single? Mention you have a tree to decorate all by yourself next time you are at the bar. You're welcome.

Bar?? I have a bar of stainless in the finished room in the basement. I'll see if mentioning it when I'm down there next does anything. :D

Closest thing I come to a bar is above. Unless you count a brew-pub. Even then, it's been months since I've gone to one and will probably be months (or more) before I go to one again.

"Hey buddy, I can come over and help you decorate it!" :(

...Said the woman drinking vodka cranberry's celebrating her 30th birthday with her friend, Sarah, who is married and has to go home because she is working early tomorrow morning.

Fake, fake, fake, fake....

Actually real...and spectacular!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back