Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No.... i was still trying to figure out what you meant with that whole, "I love a hot dog, in a bun, while I eat a grilled cheese" comment you made a while back.

Here you go Cape.

The BB trophy for winning the draft.

20100402trophy.jpg

Consider it the highpoint of the Pats season this year.

Yeeaaaa!!!! The Pats won the draft!!!

Well.... it seems a bit unfair that a dominant team like the Pats would have as many draft picks as they do but... whatta ya gonna do?

Some chatter about the Pats trading with the Browns, moving up to #6 overall. Doesn't make a lot of sense, they guy they're talking about the Pats wanting I guess was suspended all of last year for taking $$ from an agent. I'm guessing smokescreen.

I'm really hoping that Mark Ingram drops to 28 and they can grab him there. You won't find a bigger BJGE fanboy than me, but he sounds like the kind of hard-nosed, good vision, good balance running back you can give the ball to 25 times and grind it out. Like, a better BJGE.

they guy they're talking about the Pats wanting I guess was suspended all of last year for taking $$ from an agent.

Considering Bellychick's history with cheating, it sounds like a perfect fit.

I've actually gotten to the point where I enjoy your jealousy.

"with the first pick of the second round, the New England Patriots select.... De'Quan Bowers"

So... coming out of the first 33 picks the Pats get Solder, Bowers, another second round pick and the Saint's first round pick for 2012???

pure... effin'... genius.

I can't believe the NFL lets the Pats even draft. They should cut the Pats draft picks by 50% just so it isn't such a complete prison rape every year.

Some chatter about the Pats trading with the Browns, moving up to #6 overall. Doesn't make a lot of sense, they guy they're talking about the Pats wanting I guess was suspended all of last year for taking $$ from an agent. I'm guessing smokescreen.

I'm really hoping that Mark Ingram drops to 28 and they can grab him there. You won't find a bigger BJGE fanboy than me, but he sounds like the kind of hard-nosed, good vision, good balance running back you can give the ball to 25 times and grind it out. Like, a better BJGE.

Was getting real excited when Ingram dropped.... but New Orleans giving up next year's first rounder, PLUS a second rounder this year, that kid had better be a star for them. Basically swapping the 2011 1st rounder for the 2012 (likely in a similar draft slot), but getting paid a second-rounder for patience.

Still, Ingram's joining Clay Matthews on my "List Of Guys I REALLY Wanted The Pats To Draft, Got Excited When They Were Available, And Pissed When We Traded The Pick So Someone Else Could Grab 'Em."

I've actually gotten to the point where I enjoy your jealousy.

"with the first pick of the second round, the New England Patriots select.... De'Quan Bowers"

So... coming out of the first 33 picks the Pats get Solder, Bowers, another second round pick and the Saint's first round pick for 2012???

pure... effin'... genius.

I can't believe the NFL lets the Pats even draft. They should cut the Pats draft picks by 50% just so it isn't such a complete prison rape every year.

jealous of what? NOT winning the superbowl? :drunk:

nah... RB just isn't a huge need for the Pats. They had the #1 offense in the league last year and I think BJGE will be even better this year. They don't need to roll the dice on a new hot-shot RB when they've done everything they've done over the past ten years without a stud RB.

They need to protect Brady and they need DEFENSE.

nah... RB just isn't a huge need for the Pats. They had the #1 offense in the league last year and I think BJGE will be even better this year. They don't need to roll the dice on a new hot-shot RB when they've done everything they've done over the past ten years without a stud RB.

They need to protect Brady and they need DEFENSE.

Well, they need another guy, either free agent or pick, because it's just Law Firm and Woody right now. Faulk may or may not be back, but he and Woody are playing the same role anyway. I love BJGE.... but I still think they miss having a Corey Dillon-type in the backfield. Someone they can give the ball to twenty times and get 140 yards and shorten the game. I'm convinced one of the ways to protect Brady long-term is to get back to that more-balanced attack (which would also help protect the D; they can't **** **** up when they're on the sidelines).

Nick Solder, give him a year with Dante and he's going to be phenomenal. ****, I wonder if the Celtics could put him on the playoff roster, they could use someone with his size.

Just not worried about the RBs.... not with the TEs the Pats have. If they can't run the ball (and they'll be ok on the ground) they have two stud TEs to let Brady dink and dunk to.

I'm not worried about it the offensive weapons at all.

Grab Bowers... hope his knee is a non-issue and then just keep loading up on the defensive side of the ball.

Bowers was the cat that some people were talking about the Pats jumping up to #6 to grab, and then he falls completely out of the 1st round. The bigger issue with him seems to be that he's not viewed as a three-down player. Pats weren't going to draft him in the 1st because of that, they might in the 2nd, though.

Most likely, they're getting calls about that pick, which I would image are from teams that are looking at Bowers. I bet they end up trading it, either for a 2012 first rounder or for a later 2nd rounder and a third.

I still don't pay attention until (if) the season starts.

Time to figure out a new avatar.

If you look at everything that has happened so far with this lockout, I think the team that has benefited the most is probably the Patriots.

If you think about it... this long delay plays right into the Pats hands. They are already the most talented team in the league so all they have to do is basically show up. All of the other teams need this off-season time to plan and strategize on how to beat the Pats... and now they don't have that time.

If you look at everything that has happened so far with this lockout, I think the team that has benefited the most is probably the Patriots.

If you think about it... this long delay plays right into the Pats hands. They are already the most talented team in the league so all they have to do is basically show up. All of the other teams need this off-season time to plan and strategize on how to beat the Pats... and now they don't have that time.

I agree. I mean look at last year. Where are the Packers going to find a third string QB that can almost beat the Pats again this year?

Looks like Gisele gives Tom a full body shave twice weekly. Not like there'd be anything wrong with that.

We should get a mod to lock this dumb thread till the season starts. It is the offseason, fer cryin out loud. Baseball is MUCH more important.............

We should get a mod to lock this dumb thread till the season starts. It is the offseason, fer cryin out loud. Baseball is MUCH more important.............

Holy crap!!!! I'll call the police right now!!! We'll try to get some help to you right away and get that guy who's holding a gun to your head and making you read this thread!!

Back